WHICH GUN TO USE???

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
darticus

WHICH GUN TO USE???

Post by darticus »

I have two air guns I use most. I have an LP1 and an LP10. Should I use or shoot one gun all the time. Both shoot differently and feel different but don't know if its better to stick with one or alternate.
Rover

Post by Rover »

According to some on here the LP1 is an antiquated piece of crap while the LP10 s a wonder of modern technology. The mere possesion of the LP10 will raise your scores to World Cup class with no effort and women will clamor for your attention. Or you could get a Morini.

Just keep shooting them both and eventually it will sink in that you like one better than the other. When that day comes, immediately sell the other to avoid confusion like this in the future.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Stick with the LP10 and give your LP1 to your son or grandson...
joker

Post by joker »

In fact, the LP10 is such a marvel that you can lay it down on the shooting bench and it will shoot 10.9s all on its own ;-O
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

If you want to maximize your performance then just use one gun; the one you are most comfortable with.

If you want to keep the other one as a travelling backup for matches then just shoot it occasionally just to make sure that it works and is approximately sighted in. Remember that time spent training with a backup is time not spent training with your main gun.

Don't expect to be able to pull out a backup at a match and shoot your normal scores with it (unless it is very close in every respect to your main gun).
Makris D. G.

Post by Makris D. G. »

It is also a matter of shooting style.
My coach still shoots his LP1 and has no intention of changing it,
he says he prefers the feel to the LP10.
For me, the LP10 feels alot easier to shoot well than the LP1.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

What David said.

One other thing if you are just shooting for fun and enjoyment shoot either or both.
darticus

Post by darticus »

Thanks for the comments!
In shooting tonight I still for some reason feel better with the LP1. I think the LP10 is lighter and doesn't seem to be as heavy in the front that somehow feels good to me. I would rather shoot the LP10 because its an LP10 but just doesn't feel as good. What to do??? Hey, Things could be worse.
superstring

Post by superstring »

darticus wrote:Thanks for the comments!
In shooting tonight I still for some reason feel better with the LP1. I think the LP10 is lighter and doesn't seem to be as heavy in the front that somehow feels good to me. I would rather shoot the LP10 because its an LP10 but just doesn't feel as good. What to do??? Hey, Things could be worse.
What about adding some weight to the LP10 up front? Doesn't it come with extra weights? And maybe some fine tuning in the grip department might make all the difference.
joker

Post by joker »

Makris D. G. wrote:It is also a matter of shooting style.
My coach still shoots his LP1 and has no intention of changing it,
he says he prefers the feel to the LP10.
For me, the LP10 feels alot easier to shoot well than the LP1.
Could it be that the LP1 (and LP2) without recoil absorber makes one a more proficient marksman than from using an LP10?

Re: WHICH GUN TO USE???

Post by Guest »

darticus wrote:I have two air guns I use most. I have an LP1 and an LP10. Should I use or shoot one gun all the time. Both shoot differently and feel different but don't know if its better to stick with one or alternate.
Sir, the solution is simple; you shoot the LP1 and box up the LP10 and send it to me. I'll send you a feather and we'll both be tickled! :D

Seriously, I have found that switching air pistols on occasion actually helps me with my main gun. Pick up an old Crosman and you will really appreciate your LP's trigger, but you will also be more conscious of how you are pulling your trigger.

Just my 2¢
darticus

Re: WHICH GUN TO USE???

Post by darticus »

Anonymous wrote:
darticus wrote:I have two air guns I use most. I have an LP1 and an LP10. Should I use or shoot one gun all the time. Both shoot differently and feel different but don't know if its better to stick with one or alternate.
Sir, the solution is simple; you shoot the LP1 and box up the LP10 and send it to me. I'll send you a feather and we'll both be tickled! :D

Seriously, I have found that switching air pistols on occasion actually helps me with my main gun. Pick up an old Crosman and you will really appreciate your LP's trigger, but you will also be more conscious of how you are pulling your trigger.

Just my 2¢
EXCELLENT!
John Marchant

Post by John Marchant »

Due to the minute inherent differences that exiist even between two identical pistols, let alone different models, each pistol is going to feel slightly different, unless you have spent an immense amount of time "duplicating" exactly every feature of the grip, trigger position, trigger release weights, balance etc.
The LP10 was deliberately made lighter at the request of experienced LP1 shooters.
As has been mentioned, keep and use the LP1 if only to make you concentrate harder on perfecting your trigger release on the LP10.
There is nothing wrong with an LP1, however you need to increase your confidence in your ability with the LP10 if you are going to achieve the improvement in scores that you yearn for. This confidence will only become apparent after constant use and training.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Or you could sell them both and buy an assortment of Pardini K58 SSPs to REALLY boost your scores.
superstring

Post by superstring »

Rover wrote:Or you could sell them both and buy an assortment of Pardini K58 SSPs to REALLY boost your scores.
Sarcasm again, Rover, better be careful ;-) Funny though.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I was joking; no sarcasm. Many know of my fondness for SSPs, which I sincerely believe do not handicap the average shooter in spite of their lack of popularity.

I can't believe the manufacturers have our best interests at heart while charging $2500 for an AP that most shooters can barely make Expert (A) with, never mind AA (Master).

But I suppose we all can dream.

BTW I used to kick a little butt up on the Washington/BC border during my frivolous youth. I shot at one match where there were SEVEN national champions competing in the same match. What fun!