squeezing in some practice

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Dev

squeezing in some practice

Post by Dev »

i really wanted to practice today for my own sake. but today is one of the darn working saturdays, the evening is booked for a dinner, i will have to drive pretty far for it.
suddenly i looked at my plastic mineral water bottle, one liter... hmmmm... LP 10 some 950 odd grams, hold it up for 45 seconds and lower. shut cabin door, might spook the little people when they see a man holding a water bottle like a pistol and quivering in his boots. :-)

seems to work, my lats, forearm and my shoulder feel suitably worked upon. 15 reps done, might do a few more. are there more desperadoes like me? :-)

Dev
Philadelphia

Re: squeezing in some practice

Post by Philadelphia »

Dev wrote:i really wanted to practice today for my own sake. but today is one of the darn working saturdays, the evening is booked for a dinner, i will have to drive pretty far for it.
suddenly i looked at my plastic mineral water bottle, one liter... hmmmm... LP 10 some 950 odd grams, hold it up for 45 seconds and lower. shut cabin door, might spook the little people when they see a man holding a water bottle like a pistol and quivering in his boots. :-)

seems to work, my lats, forearm and my shoulder feel suitably worked upon. 15 reps done, might do a few more. are there more desperadoes like me? :-)

Dev
Yup. I found I started to shoot better after I started a program of lifting weights at the gym. Might as well exercise as much as you can and there's more to life than just shooting sports.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

What i do is raise and lower an 8 pound dumbell like it were
a pistol and that really helped me strengthen my wrist and arms.

I also do circles with the dumbells with both arms and it really
helps out when you're holding the pistol.

Also i go up and down my stairs for about thirty minutes for leg strength.