Olympic Quota Places

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

David Levene

Olympic Quota Places

Post by David Levene »

The Quota Place details for the 2012 Olympics have now been published.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Thanks David, looks like good news for Americans (those that live in North, South and Central America, not just the USA) quota spots are available at the CAT games. There was some talk that they may have only been available at the Pan-Am games.

Post by Guest »

Nope, that's bad news. we get our all our quota places no matter how they are divide up. the fact that we have one at the CAT games means we have one less at the PanAm games. I would rather have them all at the end so shooters can maximize their chances at world cups before fighting at the panam games. now we will waste one at CAT then have one less to fight for at panam.
Roodaddy600

Post by Roodaddy600 »

I think its better to not have to "fight" for them at pan am. It would be great if we didnt have to earn any at pan am actually. There is a lot of un needed stress if you NEED that last quota from pan am. I think most would agree with me on that too, why would anyone WANT to come down to the absolute last chance to get a quota?
Waisted

Re: Olympic Quota Places

Post by Waisted »

David Levene wrote:The Quota Place details for the 2012 Olympics have now been published.
I get a "Page cannot be found" notice with that link.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

It was there when he posted the link but seeing as it was in their News Section it's probably moved and the link is dead. Just go to the ISSF web site I'm sure you can find it there if you look.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Waisted wrote:
David Levene wrote:The Quota Place details for the 2012 Olympics have now been published.
They seem to have moved it somewhere, so here's a copy:-
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

David Levene wrote:
Waisted wrote:
They seem to have moved it somewhere, so here's a copy:-
Just noticed that it's also available here.
canuk

Post by canuk »

Roodaddy600 wrote:I think its better to not have to "fight" for them at pan am. It would be great if we didnt have to earn any at pan am actually. There is a lot of un needed stress if you NEED that last quota from pan am. I think most would agree with me on that too, why would anyone WANT to come down to the absolute last chance to get a quota?
I don't think you really understand how it works. Regardless of where you go (world cup, world championships, CAT games pan am games) you FIGHT for a quota spot.

The later into the quad you get, the more countries have their spots. ask anyone who has actually been there and you would rather have your continental quota allotement at the last moment so all the top shooters in your continent have had their chance to win them at the world shoots already.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

I understand that the countries can win the quota slots ... not the individual athletes .... But I know some athletes do earn slots? Is that by individual nation rules or are there ISSF rules than can award individual slots?

Ignoramus & always wondered
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

All quota places are awarded to nations. It is then down to them to allocate them to shooters (who must have achieved an MQS in a qualifying match).