Anyone used a Walther KK300

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

scott75

Anyone used a Walther KK300

Post by scott75 »

Hi all

Im looking at options to buy a new 3P rifle. At the moment I am using a 1913L in a wooden stock and have got prices for a new 1913L in a precise stock and also a Walther KK300 in an alu stock??? They are the same price.
How do these rifles compare. My main reason for asking is that in Australia the Walther is a rare rifle, so I have nothing to campare it with.

Cheers Scott

Happy shooting
Guest_66

Post by Guest_66 »

They are both good rifles and quality is equal.
I shoot Anschutz myself, but if I would buy a new action today, I think it would be the Walther since I've heard many people getting great barrels there.
When it comes to the stock, well, there it is more a question of what you prefer. I have both alu and wooden stocks, and like them both in different ways. The wooden one has a "soft" recoil behaviour than the alu stock, but the alu ismore slick. In position, I like them both, no one is better than the other.
anschutz

Post by anschutz »

There's a lot of positive feedback from shooters using the KK300 in the anatomic stock. Only drawback is cost though. Colin
mobarron

Post by mobarron »

Kevin Nevius who won the Smallbore prone Championship a few years ago has said that the thinks that the Walther 300 is the best smallbore action he has used/seen. He shoots one with a glued in after market barrel (maybe a Hart) with the action pillar bedded and glued into the stock. He's funny guy and says that he "loves" bedding and would bed his feet to his shoes if he could. You might reach him on "Delphi Forums Smallbore Accuracy" or "Competitive Rifleman." Mike Barron