Walther LP200 value??????

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
checkenbach

Walther LP200 value??????

Post by checkenbach »

I had an Izzy a while back, sold it to buy a Steyr LP 10, prices went through the roof, and I got sidetracked with cartridge guns as well.
There is a Walther LP200 for sale semi locally(within driving distance) for $500.00, it looks great in the photos, has two tanks, manometer, two filling adapters, and a bunch of pellets. The bad things are both tanks are ANCIENT!!! 12-95 on one, 1-96 on the other, and the grip may be a bit small as well. Champions Choice still has tanks for this gun, but not cheap, and a grip will cost as much as a tank if it's too small.
I found some not so favorable reviews of this gun (trigger issues), but not much info overall, is it worth it if I can get it cheap($350.00 or so), or should I stay away??? It would be used for club winter leauge and home or informal pistol training.
Thanks, Chris
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

Accuracy wise it is more than ok for home and local matches. I agree tanks are old but still usable (i use my old lp10 tanks even though i do have a new one). trigger and grip you might have to drive there and try them. if they feel comfortable then lp200 isnt a bad choice.
Sc0

Post by Sc0 »

Purchased a used LP201 with ancient tanks as well but in immaculate condition, paid under 8 bills. Am happy with it but it needs to be cleaned/resealed as velocity is all over the place and have a bad o-ring on one of the tanks. (due sitting and not being shot; I like the 300bar hangy tank and the push feed bolt of this pistol.)

ISS has/had grips available as well but do not know what his stock looks like, purchased some Large fixed grips from him awhile back.

I guess you can have the tanks hydro'd locally and keep the paperwork?