Feinwerkbau Model 65 question/value/offer

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
kirkecon

Feinwerkbau Model 65 question/value/offer

Post by kirkecon »

I have two FWB Model 65s that were presented to my dad by a German shooting team. My dad competed as a high power rifle marksman and was invited with some of his team members to Germany in 1976.

The pistols have hardly ever been fired. The are in mint condition. I would like to know what the value of these pistols are and where the best place to offer them would be.

I do not know if not firing them is better than having fired them- I would like to know that as well.

Serial numbers 85828 and 71999.

Thank you: Kirk
Rover

Post by Rover »

Unless you have some "provenance" or documentation I'm afraid there would be nothing special about the pistols.

I can give no clue as to their value, but if they were ordinary then $300 to $400 would be in the ballpark.

It wouldn't matter if you shot them as long as they showed no wear, but they could probably use a little lube.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Besides the lube, that Rover mentioned, check the bumper, breech and piston seals to see if they need to be replaced or not.

Kevho.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

I agree - the value of the pistols are likely between 400-500. I sold a near new Model 80 for 550$. Very nice pistol - fish I hadn't sold it.

Brian
kirkecon

Feinwerkbau Model 65 provenance and other info

Post by kirkecon »

I did have some provenance in the form of a letter of presentation. I don't think I have seen it for a year or so- I may have to pass on that aspect.

However, one of the pistols was engraved for presentation with my father's name: Colonel Willian C. Economos. He was an icon in high power rifle shooting circles and Captain of the First US Army Reserve Rifle Team for a 2 to 3 decades.

Thanks for your input. As far as selling them- is TargetTalk a good venue or what would you recommend?

Thanks again.
Rover

Post by Rover »

If the guns are as new, so that you could honestly sell them as new, then you would get top dollar. As far as the engraving, I think that would lower the value unless the buyer was an enthusiast or collector.

I would try to sell them here first, since this site is really aimed at ISSF target shooters. Check the web for other airgun sites. I know there are several out there with large and active Classifieds.

Good luck!
BobRI

Post by BobRI »

Search this site's Buy/Sell/Trade forum for past sales history to get an idea. Guns in mint condition, especially those with original accessories, boxes, manual, get top dollar. One minus in your case is if the pistols are all-original, they would have the original breech seals and pistol bumpers, which turn brittle with age and will need to be replaced if these pistols are to be used and not just displayed. Modern versions are usual blue color, though there might be exceptions.

You might want to post your question on this vintage airgun web site too, in case someone there knows of any collector value in your situation: http://www.network54.com/Forum/405945/
melchloboo

Post by melchloboo »

Why not join our awesome sport and just shoot the darn things!