Practical differences between LP-10 and LP-10E and compacts

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
peterz

Practical differences between LP-10 and LP-10E and compacts

Post by peterz »

I'm thinking seriously of moving from my old CO2 match pistol (FWB C-20) to a Steyr LP-10 series gun. What are the practical differences that I might see and appreciate between the conventional trigger models and the newer electronic trigger ones? Is going from the full-size pistol to the compact versions a useful thing to do?

In part, I suppose, this is partly just to get something new. But my CO2 tanks are 8 years beyond their "compete by" date, so if I entered any USAS meets I might be faced with disqualification of the equipment, or the need to spend a large fraction of the cost of a new pistol just on acquiring CO2 tanks in a hurry. It's certainly clear that the old FWB outshoots me!

Thanks for the help!

pz
David Levene

Re: Practical differences between LP-10 and LP-10E and compa

Post by David Levene »

peterz wrote:What are the practical differences that I might see and appreciate between the conventional trigger models and the newer electronic trigger ones?
The feel of the trigger at shot release is different. A mechanical trigger has a reduction in trigger weight as the sear releases which creates movement, which is sometimes masked by a trigger stop. An electronic trigger has no such weight reduction so no rapid increase in movement at shot release. They feel different.
peterz wrote:Is going from the full-size pistol to the compact versions a useful thing to do?
If the compact feels better to you then the answer is yes. If it doesn't then the answer is no.
peterz

Post by peterz »

An electronic trigger has no such weight reduction so no rapid increase in movement at shot release. They feel different.
Which do most good shooters prefer?

Thanks,
pz
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

i believe this is a wrong question. you should try to test as many of air pistols as you can and then choose the one you feel more comfortable with because all pistols shoot inner tens from a vise. personally when i shoot with my izzy i find it more satisfying than when i shoot with my 162E or LP10.
Rover

Post by Rover »

If you used a SSP, you wouldn't have these petty anxieties.

BTW I love electronic triggers, but Pardini triggers are REALLY nice.
peterz

Post by peterz »

If you used a SSP, you wouldn't have these petty anxieties.
Well, I do have an SSP, an IZH-46M, as my second pistol. As the C-20 just blew its bolt seal today, I suppose the Izzy is now my first pistol.

Where I live there are few matches, and no dealers so not much of a chance to try a few guns before buying.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

CO2 tanks do not have the same date restrictions as the air cyclinders. the air cylinders are at a very much higher pressure than CO2, so don't let that be a deciding factor.

That said I have both the LP10 and LP10e, I like the trigger on the LP10 but I love the trigger on the LP10e.

Post by Guest »

simple answer :

If i could choose i will pick LP10 E, Electronic trigger is the best among other.

But...i life far from steyr manufacture, so sad i must choose mechanic trigger. Gunsmith here unable repair LP10 E electronic trigger device.