Rapid Fire Guns

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
lastman

Rapid Fire Guns

Post by lastman »

Hi all,

I am looking for a new Rapid Fire pistol and I am looking to get everyone's ideas on what they think is a good RF gun and why.

Cheers,
Retired

Post by Retired »

I've been out of the game for a long time, when RF was shot with shorts. Back then the two manufacturers with the most market share were Walther and Pardini. I believe Pardini has the vast majority of market share currently. The Walther SSP, however, looks promising. Be sure to find something with a trigger that has a short reset. The newer Walther GSP triggers have too long of a reset for RF. The SSP trigger might be different. You'll have to find someone with these guns so you can try them out.
Good luck.
Retired
2650 Plus

Post Subject

Post by 2650 Plus »

It is obvious to me that Retired has been there and done that, Meaning shot Int Rapid Fire. I will not try to add to his valid comment. Good Shooting Bill Horton

Post by Guest »

Pardini Sp New. Great pistol with many championships behind it.
alanlevin

Rapid-fire pistol

Post by alanlevin »

Hi.

I have a Unique DES 823-U for sale. I used it in competition in the '80's and it's still in EXCELLENT condition.

Let me know if you're still looking for a RFP.

-Alan
visitor

Post by visitor »

Is your Unique pistol .22 short or long-rifle? What are you asking for it?
alanlevin

Post by alanlevin »

Hi.

It's a .22 short, comes with original case, 3 extra mags (total 4) and all paperwork.

Asking $950.

Give me your e-mail address and I can send pix.

-Alan
Spencer

Re: Rapid Fire Guns

Post by Spencer »

lastman wrote:Hi all,

I am looking for a new Rapid Fire pistol and I am looking to get everyone's ideas on what they think is a good RF gun and why.

Cheers,
Morini CM RF or Pardini RF appear to be the best choices: low bore line, reliable, good absorbers.
For these reasons, also great for Standard Pistol.

If looking at s/h RFP pistols, be aware that .22Short is not allowed if you intend to shoot in the ISSF event. ISSF RFP specifies .22LR
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

alanlevin wrote:Hi.

It's a .22 short, comes with original case, 3 extra mags (total 4) and all paperwork.

Asking $950.

Give me your e-mail address and I can send pix.

-Alan
You are aware that RF is no longer shot with .22 short right?
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

I have heard of some sucess with the Terso TS22 and know of some recent sucess with the Matchguns MG2.

The support network you have available to you should be a consideration for which pisotl you purchase.

Pistol X may be best for you, but if you do not have access to spare parts or a national dealer its likely not a long term option for you.

Brian

EDIT: I know of a few Walter SSPs which people seem to really enjoy and I have witnessed some very impressive results from.
alanlevin

RFP

Post by alanlevin »

Richard,

No, I was not aware of that.

So now my Unique is a "highly collectible" firearm, right? ;- )

-Alan
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Street prices for .22 short pistols have dropped dramatically since 2005, except the really collectible ones. Nowadays, most top shooters seem to use Pardini, Tesro or Matchguns. Haven't seen many SSP here in Switzerland, and even less that work.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

There were a few SSP's at the USA World Cup, no issues with them that I witnessed. The most popular by far is Pardini.
Tzed250

Post by Tzed250 »

Martin Strnad used an SSP to shoot the top qualification score at the Belgrade WC RF event.

John Kasaian

Post by John Kasaian »

Not to highjack the thread, but why would you not want to use the same pistol you use to shoot SP with?

It would seem like "learning" a new pistol and a new course of fire would add an unneccesary element to the learning curve.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

John Kasaian wrote:Not to highjack the thread, but why would you not want to use the same pistol you use to shoot SP with?
The requirements of the two events are different.

In Standard Pistol you want as little movement as possible between shots. In Rapid Fire you need to be able to move, and then stop, the pistol between shots.

My own Standard Pistol was a FAS602 with the extra-heavy barrel shroud. Fantastic for Standard with very low recoil and very fast recovery. Lousy for Rapid Fire as inertia made it very difficult to control between targets.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

(after a recently renewed burst of enthusiasm for RFP) I have ordered a Morini CM22 RF in steel - awaiting the next shipment to AUS - Morini please note...

The factors:
- fit
- reliability
- accuracy
- muzzle flip (or rather, the lack thereof)
- trigger

Ps. enthusiasm for RFP chews through the (rapidly reducing) ammunition stock - maybe it's called 'Rapid' for the way your ammunition supply decreases!
S
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

and even less that work.
An SSP was placed fourth in the last world cup by a Czechoslovakian shooter.
Another member of our club and myself use SSP's without any hint of malfunctions.
Leon

Post by Leon »

Spencer wrote:(after a recently renewed burst of enthusiasm for RFP) I have ordered a Morini CM22 RF in steel - awaiting the next shipment to AUS - Morini please note...

The factors:
- fit
- reliability
- accuracy
- muzzle flip (or rather, the lack thereof)
- trigger

Ps. enthusiasm for RFP chews through the (rapidly reducing) ammunition stock - maybe it's called 'Rapid' for the way your ammunition supply decreases!
S
I've been thinking about one of these as well. I thought they only came with alloy frames?
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Leon wrote:...I've been thinking about one of these as well. I thought they only came with alloy frames?
will post when it turns up - hopefully steel