Morini CM84 E + compensator ?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Magesy

Morini CM84 E + compensator ?

Post by Magesy »

Hello Guys,

I'm 50m free pistol beginner (since January 2010) and using TOZ 35.
After discussion with my Trainer I booked Morini CM84 E.
At this moment my shooting results are between 530 and 560 and I would like to develop myself. So I surfed through WWW and on one of the forums Ulrich Eichstädt recommend to post there cause my questions were very specific.

Questions: Is there a need to use compensator? If yes, which one and why you recommend? Where can it be purchased, and how much does it cost?

Thanks for all your opinions!
dhurt

Post by dhurt »

Since you are just getting a new Morini, I would shoot the 84e as it comes from the factory. After some time, you can reasses the idea of getting a compensator. I don't see the advantage of a compensator, but they sure look cool! Regards, Dwaine
Makris D.G.

Post by Makris D.G. »

Scores between 530 and 560 in free pistol and have been shooting since January this year? Please send me your autograph. At your skill level pistol choice is not an issue.
Magesy

Post by Magesy »

Makris D.G. wrote:Scores between 530 and 560 in free pistol and have been shooting since January this year? Please send me your autograph. At your skill level pistol choice is not an issue.
Last weekend I was on regional competition. Me achieved 534 cause there was no need to achieve more...
You can trust me....I'm really beginner. Therefore I thought here I can find all needed information.
Last edited by Magesy on Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Makris D.G.

Post by Makris D.G. »

You shot 534 because you didn't need to shoot any better but you could shoot better? You chose to shoot worse than you could?
I am uncapable to understand this.
Sorry for taking up your time.
Magesy

Post by Magesy »

Makris D.G. wrote:You shot 534 because you didn't need to shoot any better but you could shoot better? You chose to shoot worse than you could?
I am uncapable to understand this.
Sorry for taking up your time.
After 50 shoots I saw that nobody can achieve more as myself, so I relaxed myself and shot first 7 and last 7. I need always competition ;)
Anyway we are talking about compensator.
hiermax

Post by hiermax »

Wow, 534 up to 560 since january. Congratulations!
What´s your target? You work with a trainer - great. Where do you live and what do you do for living ;-) ?
But seriously that´s really a great start in this sport. You should work on your performance with your trainer. And I think he should know about comps. I think it´s often a question of taste and style. Look at the best free pistol shooters in the world. Most of them do not use a comp.
Good look and share your results with us. We all are jealous guys fighting for reaching the "500" (me at least ;-).
Best regards
Max
PS: I just saw your posting at waffen-online - now I know where you´re from. Bei welchem verein und wo schießt du denn? Deine ergebnisse sind tatsächlich enorm. Respekt!!!
Magesy

Post by Magesy »

hiermax wrote:Wow, 534 up to 560 since january. Congratulations!
What´s your target? You work with a trainer - great. Where do you live and what do you do for living ;-) ?
But seriously that´s really a great start in this sport. You should work on your performance with your trainer. And I think he should know about comps. I think it´s often a question of taste and style. Look at the best free pistol shooters in the world. Most of them do not use a comp.
Good look and share your results with us. We all are jealous guys fighting for reaching the "500" (me at least ;-).
Best regards
Max
PS: I just saw your posting at waffen-online - now I know where you´re from. Bei welchem verein und wo schießt du denn? Deine ergebnisse sind tatsächlich enorm. Respekt!!!
My target is to develop myself up to 560 points and stabilize this score. I started FP cause for my sport carrier I have to be FP shooter. I started in 2008 with AP. Last year I reached 397 and stay now between 375 and 390 or 560 and 580.
In January my trainer said I have to start FP...so I found new club and ...
At this moment I have trainer from club but he isn't my personal one.
I shoot 5-6 times in the week / AP and one time in the week / FP.

I'm living in Bavaria and train in HSG.

Jimmy32

Post by Jimmy32 »

That makes more sense. From your original post it sounded like you had only been shooting pistols for four months!
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

HSG my favourite range in the world, I love that place.

560 would put you in second place going into the finals in the last WC. 530-560 is very a very respectable FP score.

Do you shoot on any of the Bundesliga or Bezirksliga teams in AP?
mhkhung

Post by mhkhung »

It is still very impressive to get to this level in 2 years. Do you mind sharing what your training program and schedule are like?
Magesy

Post by Magesy »

Jimmy32 wrote:That makes more sense. From your original post it sounded like you had only been shooting pistols for four months!
Jimmy, I said " I'm 50m free pistol beginner.." ;)
Honestly....AP and FP are really different.
Magesy

Post by Magesy »

Richard H wrote:HSG my favourite range in the world, I love that place.

560 would put you in second place going into the finals in the last WC. 530-560 is very a very respectable FP score.

Do you shoot on any of the Bundesliga or Bezirksliga teams in AP?
I brought my team up to Gauliga. and now it looks like I'll shoot for the second club in 2.Bundesliga or Regionalliga.
Magesy

Post by Magesy »

mhkhung wrote:It is still very impressive to get to this level in 2 years. Do you mind sharing what your training program and schedule are like?
Jan 2008 - Dec 2009 I trained alone without trainer. I just read different books, watched ISSF videos (competitions), so I found my basis for AP.
In HSG I've got a trainer. He showed me my mistakes and makes sure that I know what I should do if I shoot AP.
First time as I shooted FP my score was 546...all people don't believe me that it was my first time...but it is true...

Program was prepared by me:
Mo - Jogging 10 km + Fitness/ free from shooting
Tu - Jogging 5 km + Fitness/morning - Evening 120 shoots AP
We - Evening 120 shoots AP with regional team
Th - Jogging 5 km + Fitness /morning - Evening 120 shoots AP
Fr - Evening 120 shoots AP
Sa - Jogging 5 km + Fitness /morning - 120 shoots AP + 100 FP
Sa - 120 shoots AP + 60 FP

Jogging I need for great breathing - without jogging my scores falling down.

AP & FP Training:

5 min warm-up
5 min dry training
10 test shoots
2 min - relaxing and mental preparation for shooting

after 20-30 shoots 5 min break - due this time analyze and mental preparation for remain...

Difference between AP and FP:

Due to FP shooting I base my body center more in front so can better work out "backstroke".