Original 75 Sight Parts?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

erikhal

Original 75 Sight Parts?

Post by erikhal »

I originally posted this on the wanted forum... so far no success there, nor at Champions Choice. Maybe I'm asking the wrong question.

My darling brother gave me his Original 75 for my birthday. Sadly, it's missing the front sight clamp ring.

I'm not too interested in collectible parts at collectible prices, the gun is in good shape but far from perfect -- I have no plans to restore it. If I had a budget to add a scope instead of target sights, I would. As I'm more interested in pistol due to space limitations, I'm pinching pennies on this one while saving up for a decent entry level match pistol along the lines of an Izzy or ? Right now I just want to be able to shoot this one without having to fabricate from inserts from scratch.

So far I've been unable to arrive at other maker's sight parts that will fit. It looks like so many others, but has no markings on it that I can find, and the exploded views on the web don't identify the assembly by part number. The front clamp ring is still there, if that helps. The rear opening measures 18.92mm from peak to peak of the threads. Is that an 18mm insert? I haven't measured pitch yet -- hoping it's pretty standard. Overall insert width, tab to tab (ear to ear?) is 21.89mm. I can make inserts smaller, if I just know what to start with, but the clamp ring will likely set me back $50 or so to have machined, and that I'd like to avoid.

I could use a larger opening on the rear sight, as well. Still no serious budget to devote to this fine gun. I can have the opening enlarged by one of a bevy of machinists I associate with, but prefer not to make irreversible alterations.

If you can help, I'll be most grateful. If not, thanks for reading this massive missive!

Erik
yana

Post by yana »

So yr looking for the inserts?
FWB, Diana, shóuld be the same size for ringkorne and for balkenkorne s FWB, Diana, Walther(acc to the Stelljes website, nr 767721 and 767723)
It indeed ís M18
Whatch out for the FWB600 and C series, that M22.
Lots of inserts can be used from eachother. I use my anschutz inserts in my walther etc.
Anschutz is M18 as well, but sideflips maybe different.
Ebay can have inserts 4sale, also check egun.de and druckluftwaffenonline.de
erikhal

Post by erikhal »

yana wrote:So yr looking for the inserts?
FWB, Diana, shóuld be the same size for ringkorne and for balkenkorne s FWB, Diana, Walther(acc to the Stelljes website, nr 767721 and 767723)
It indeed ís M18
Whatch out for the FWB600 and C series, that M22.
Lots of inserts can be used from eachother. I use my anschutz inserts in my walther etc.
Anschutz is M18 as well, but sideflips maybe different.
Ebay can have inserts 4sale, also check egun.de and druckluftwaffenonline.de
Thanks, Yana!

Yes, I'm looking for inserts, and Champions Choice appears to carry them, but more importantly it needs the insert clamp ring, which is missing.

I'll verify the M18 now that I've found my thread pitch gauge, and the hunt narrows considerably!

Vielen Dank!

Erik
mobarron

Post by mobarron »

Many of the M75s came with Redfield Globe front sights. I have some inserts for that model. It would be helpful if you also measured the length of the sight.