Where to do business...Need a good sling!

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Where to do business...Need a good sling!

Post by Guest »

Where are some places or websites that I can get me a sling. The one's I've tried have not been responding to my inquiries.

Thanks

Post by Guest »

In my experience center shot sports is very difficult to get up with. I highly recommend Try & Bom Inc., they are very customer friendly, carry a large line of products and will gladly take your calls or emails.

www.monardusa.com
503-419-6310
INFO@TRYBOM.COM
tsokasn

Post by tsokasn »

www.euroshooting.eu
If you are from Europe but Varga delivers worldwild also.
Best prices...
RobStubbs

Re: Where to do business...Need a good sling!

Post by RobStubbs »

Anonymous wrote:Where are some places or websites that I can get me a sling. The one's I've tried have not been responding to my inquiries.

Thanks
Depends where in the world you are, have you tried our hosts here ?

Rob.

Post by Guest »

Thanks,

I at least have some places to try. I have tried several here in the states and they are terrible at giving a timely response If I get one at all. I guess they are too busy for my business. I don't know.

What sponsers are on this site. I guess I missed them.

Chad
Barney

Post by Barney »

There icons are at the top of the page

Post by Guest »

The Icons at top of page were not helpful.

Thanks
plinker

Post by plinker »

Don't know what type of sling you are looking for - is there a reason why you feel like you must speak to a salesperson before purchasing?

I have three good sources for equipment, but I usually don't have to talk with them unless there is a problem with my purchase.

I have ordered equipment from Creedmore, Champion's Choice, and Champion's Shooting Supply. All three have given me excellent service in the past.

Post by Guest »

Well, I'm new to the sport and don't know what to buy. I have not gotten the feedback I expected here. Several recommened the MEC sling, but I need to spend my money more wisely than that. All the items that are required....well all add up. I still need a scope, spotting scope, scope stand. Likely some kind of vision correction device in iris or maybe shooting glasses. I just got my gun and jacket. I was just going to start with getting a good sling first. I had posted other questions as to what sling people recommended and why. I tried calling a couple of places and they never returned my calls or emails. The slings range from 40-250$....I just have a lot on my plate just getting started and I needed some questions answered. I didn't want to waist money. I found a fellow named Neal Stepp at International Shooters Supply that did all that for me. Great guy. He gave me no reason to ever do business any where else but with him. Great business service! Finally!

Creedmore didn't have what I wanted to ask about, but did get back to me with backorder information, Champions Choice didn't offer any note worthy info, but I have done business with them..they are fine. Champion Shooters did help some and are good folks too I just talked to them early on and didn't quite know what to ask. I'll do business with them too. A few others...without name blasting...forget it.

Thanks to those of you that did give me some constructive feedback.

Chad

Post by Guest »

Creedmoor is more high power oriented, I wouldn't expect them to be very helpful for smallbore rifle.
plinker

Post by plinker »

Anonymous wrote:Well, I'm new to the sport and don't know what to buy. I have not gotten the feedback I expected here. Several recommened the MEC sling, but I need to spend my money more wisely than that. All the items that are required....well all add up. I still need a scope, spotting scope, scope stand. Likely some kind of vision correction device in iris or maybe shooting glasses. I just got my gun and jacket. I was just going to start with getting a good sling first. I had posted other questions as to what sling people recommended and why. I tried calling a couple of places and they never returned my calls or emails. The slings range from 40-250$....I just have a lot on my plate just getting started and I needed some questions answered. I didn't want to waist money. I found a fellow named Neal Stepp at International Shooters Supply that did all that for me. Great guy. He gave me no reason to ever do business any where else but with him. Great business service! Finally!

Creedmore didn't have what I wanted to ask about, but did get back to me with backorder information, Champions Choice didn't offer any note worthy info, but I have done business with them..they are fine. Champion Shooters did help some and are good folks too I just talked to them early on and didn't quite know what to ask. I'll do business with them too. A few others...without name blasting...forget it.

Thanks to those of you that did give me some constructive feedback.

Chad

Well, if you're shooting service rifle I would look into Creedmore's military type slings.

Since I'm an old smallbore shooter, I usually order my stuff from Champion's Choice. I recently bought a new sling to replace a 30 yr old one I finally wore out! I decided to get one of the ISSF-legal Gehmann slings. So far, I'm pleased with it, but I did have to punch a few extra holes in it. I have not fired with it in competition yet.

You might want to consider buying an inexpensive sling until you find something you like. Smallbore (and High Power) can get real expensive real fast when you start trying to upgrade, so I do it a little bit at a time.

When you start buying optics, then you really get into some serious money. Get an affordable spotting scope to start out with instead of buying the most expensive Konus in the catalog - I know, I want the big dollar stuff myself!

Check out some of the gear that your fellow shooters are using at the range as well. Some of them may have older equipment that they would loan you until you can afford to buy your own. I usually don't discard my older stuff for this very reason - it's nice to be able to help out the newer shooters!

Post by Guest »

Thanks Plinker. Good sounding advise. I'm shooting the smallbore stuff. I do have a inexpensive Simmons spotting scope that is ok for now, but the stand stinks to high heaven. I'm trying to modify it to work better. Likely going to have to do something else before long.

I wound up getting the Anschutz synthetic sling. I think very similar to the Gehmann synthetic you mentioned. Should be fine for a while.

Chad
plinker

Post by plinker »

I used to use an old camera bipod for my scope stand - it worked real good for prone, but I got a little paranoid when I was shooting offhand because of the lack of stability.

My dad did some piddling around in the garage and welded an old stand together for me. I have no idea what that thing was to begin with, but it turned out to be a pretty good offhand stand for my scope. It's a pain in the rear to lug around because it weighs a ton, but at least it doesn't blow over!

Sometimes you can find an old camera bipod or one of those they use for telescopes and you can increase it's stability by using sandbags around the base.
weilers

Post by weilers »

It seems like I've purchased products from just about everybody at one time or another and I keep coming back to Champion's Choice for about 80% to 85% of the Smallbore products I buy, particularly ammunition. As for things like a 3P stand, I built my own from a microphone stand I purchased off of Ebay. Some things such as shooting mat and spotting scope, I goto MidwayUSA.

I am using an Anschutz sling because I had horrible results with a Gehmann sling I purchased. The best thing I can suggest to you is to be the most informed shooting consumer you can possibly be. Be weary of any seller who does not put prices online. Some companies like Anschutz doesn't attach suggested prices on its website; MEC/Centra does. Every so often, Ebay will have some pretty good used products at a discount. When you're purchasing, check the daily currency markets. Find out if the Dollar (or whatever your local currency is) is either up or down against the EURO or Pound. Many of the products for Smallbore and Air Rifle are made in Europe, so it pays to know how to convert. Don't get bamboozled around with shipping costs either. It's easy enough to get shipping quotes online from UPS, FedEx, and the Post office.

Remember, even though you're on a budget (most of us are to some extent), your money is just as green as anyone else's.

Post by Guest »

Try Intershoot in the UK, excellent response to any/all enquiries and reliable service to the US.

They also keep the customs value low on the shipments I've received which helps when the goods arrive here.

intershoot.co.uk is the webs address.

Post by Guest »

Champion's Choice serves the small bore shooter well. There is also a new supplier opening up in about a week called 10pt9.com. I understand they will be specializing in air rifle and small bore gear and I have heard they will be carrying a full line of stuff. Might be a good one to look into... Another option anyway.
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

Anonymous wrote:Creedmoor is more high power oriented, I wouldn't expect them to be very helpful for smallbore rifle.
While the first half of your statement is correct, the second one is not.

Dennis DeMille and his staff are professionals not only in the shooting sports but in customer service as well. Dennis is definitely not ignorant about smallbore or air rifle, even though that is not his concentration.

And Creedmoor definitely carries very good equipment for smallbore shooters.

As far as equipment applicability between disciplines, I can tell you that personally I started shooting service rifle, then match rifle, and now moved exclusively to fullbore and smallbore prone. Throughout the transition, the only piece of kit that has changed at all has been my sling and only because service rifle requires something completely different than any other discipline.
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

Anonymous wrote:I do have a inexpensive Simmons spotting scope that is ok for now, but the stand stinks to high heaven. I'm trying to modify it to work better. Likely going to have to do something else before long.
Chad, do not ignore suppliers geared mostly towards Highpower Rifle in your search for gear.

When it comes to spotting scope stands, the ne plus ultra in my opinion is Ray Brandes' system. Ray is a hardcore service rifle shooter but his system is perfect for ANY rifle discipline that requires use of a spotter. It would probably work well even for benchrest!

Check it out here: http://www.ray-vin.com/
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

BTW, the synthetic 40 mm sling made by Champion's Shooters Supply is every bit the equal of the higher-priced stuff made in Europe.

It serves me well regardless of what kind of rifle I have hooked up to it.