Air rifle barel weights

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

2many7s

Air rifle barel weights

Post by 2many7s »

My son has anAnschutz 8002 and i nedmore weight for it. I have the factory weight set plus an additional pair of small anschuts weights but wonder where to find other types. Does any one know where MAtt Emmonds gets those large weights he has set far back on the barrel, or have other suggestions?

I also need to add weight to the butt but do not want to use stick on tire weights...Ideas Please...??

Mark
Brian Carstensen

Post by Brian Carstensen »

Those are muzzle weights for a fwb that are made to fit so as to not interfere with the air cylinder. For weights on the back what i would do is get some lead;t used pellets or something melt it done and pour it into a form of some kind...you should be able to make something out of wood. Thats what i do when i make weights...i would nail/glue a few boards together and that take some wooden rods (should be able to get some at walmart or a craft store) that are about the same diameter as the columns and set the wooden robs into the wood..pour the lead let it cool and you have yourself a nice piece of lead..and if you want more weight you add tire weights to that lead weight...you can also take those tire wights and stick them under the cheek piece but dont peel the tape; get longer screws and just tighten it done and it wont move. Also look into a mec tube...i like mine.

Sorry if this is confusing...i may not be explaining myself that well.
melchloboo

Post by melchloboo »

I'll trade you my fwb300s. It's quite heavy. ;-)

Have you considered adding weights using a holder attached under on the accessory rail?
yana

Post by yana »

Dunno what type barrel you have, diameter etc, but anschutz also has the large, 1 piece, 250gr, weight.

Post by Guest »

melchloboo wrote:I'll trade you my fwb300s. It's quite heavy. ;-)

Have you considered adding weights using a holder attached under on the accessory rail?
That's not allowed if your shooting under ISSF Rules, Colin
robf

Post by robf »

Anonymous wrote:
melchloboo wrote:I'll trade you my fwb300s. It's quite heavy. ;-)

That's not allowed if your shooting under ISSF Rules, Colin
debatable ;)

Post by Guest »

Instead of melting lead down and making a mold just pick up some wheel weights. You can get them at any tire store. They have tape on the back of them so you can place them on the stock and they will stay there. You will see these on many of the USAMU guys rifles, both smallbore and air rifle.

Shane