Early Hammerli 208 / 215 trigger adjustment

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Shooting Kiwi

Early Hammerli 208 / 215 trigger adjustment

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

I have an early 208 with the limited-adjustment trigger. The manual warns against ever adjusting screw 261. Why? What does it do? Isn't this tempting? I suspect it's a sear engagement adjustment, but can anyone tell me for sure?

Spencer (bonzer bloke!) has the 215 manual on his site http://www.australiancynic.com This has the same instruction, for the early version of the trigger.
joker

Post by joker »

Screw 261 is the 'self destruct' trip adjuster. If you move it the gun will explode if the trigger is moved more than the diameter of a hydrogen atom.

;0)))
Last edited by joker on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
scerir

Re: Early Hammerli 208 / 215 trigger adjustment

Post by scerir »

[quote="Shooting Kiwi"] I suspect it's a sear engagement adjustment, but can anyone tell me for sure? quote]

I do not think it is the sear engagement screw. Could be a screw allowing the 'gap' (the 208 is not a single shot pistol!).
Shooting Kiwi

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

Come on someone! Ed Hall? Doesn't anybody know?

Temptation is getting too much. If I fiddle with the screw and thereby meet my end, you'll all be sorry... won't you?
Over the Ditch

Post by Over the Ditch »

Come on Kiwi! Where is the adventurous spirit that got Hillary to the top of Everest, ate the first kina and can drink Tui beer? Go play with the screw and tell us!
Shooting Kiwi

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

Well, I wouldn't expect any sense from over the ditch! Actually, it's an overdose of laziness, rather than a lack of adventurous spirit that's to blame. Too many guns in bits, awaiting repair or modification...
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Shooting Kiwi wrote:...Too many guns in bits, awaiting repair or modification...
You mean that I am not the only one suffering from this syndrome?
Shooting Kiwi

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

I think there's a lot of us...

Maybe it's something to do with an irresistible urge to 'rescue' obsolete stuff (cheap!) for which spares aren't available. So it's off to the workshop to make the parts.

C'mon, Spencer, surely YOU know the answer to my question!
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Shooting Kiwi wrote:...C'mon, Spencer, surely YOU know the answer to my question!
the only thing I have ever adjusted on my H208 has been the trigger weight when I first got it, and last year at Arafura Games (with a case or two of ammunition in between) and the overtravel when I first got it. If it ain't broke, etc.

The need to adjust at Arafura Games came as a surprise. The trigger weight had stayed 'set' after the initial adjust despite routine cleaning in the ultrasonic bath, yet changed after the air transport from Sydney to Darwin (and this pistol has had lots of transporting...)
Looks bad when a Judge's pistol does not breeze through Equipment Control

An inveterate tinkerer on this board has recently added a 208 to his collection, so we should soon get the answer
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Spencer wrote:Looks bad when a Judge's pistol does not breeze through Equipment Control
"But it passed last week" ;-)
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

David Levene wrote:
Spencer wrote:Looks bad when a Judge's pistol does not breeze through Equipment Control
"But it passed last week" ;-)
NEVER been guilty of using that statement - but I have heard it often enough.

One of our regular EC personnel had some stickers made up to save shooters from voicing the statement.