FWB 65 Cocking Problem

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
NorthernPlus

FWB 65 Cocking Problem

Post by NorthernPlus »

I have an FWB 65 that I hadn't shot for several years. Never used much at all. Tonight I cocked it for a shot. The cocking lever would not go forward. It just was stuck in full cocking position with the bolt back and all. Disassembled the top from the frame. Played with it a little and it released. (Was able to let lever and bolt forward.) Assembled and tried again. Same results. The bolt is just physically being blocked by something. Never did know what I exactly did to release it manually. Strange to me in that it appears to be a mechanical problem of this nature. Any help appreciated to locate the problem.

Also, who cleans and lubricates these pistols that is recommended by the group?

Thank you.
kevinweiho

RE: FWB 65 Cocking Problem

Post by kevinweiho »

I had a similar problem with my FWB 80.

What i did to remedy the problem was to disassemble the pistol, lubricate
the rails, internals, and piston with a VERY thin coat of FWB grease and then i reassembled the pistol. It now runs smoothly and has no more cocking problems.

It could also be that the piston needs some lubrication as there might be some galling when you are closing the piston against the receiver area.

I would also recommend that you check out the seals for any signs of wear.

Kevho
Airgun aficionado from Costa Rica, C.A.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Forgot to mention, YOU released the cocking lever by pressing unknowingly, the small 'tab' of the trigger mechanism. This allowed you to disengage the cocking lever.

Kevho
Airgun afcionado from Costa Rica, C.A.
NorthernPlus

Re: RE: FWB 65 Cocking Problem

Post by NorthernPlus »

kevinweiho wrote:Forgot to mention, YOU released the cocking lever by pressing unknowingly, the small 'tab' of the trigger mechanism. This allowed you to disengage the cocking lever.

Kevho
Airgun afcionado from Costa Rica, C.A.
Thank you for your reply. I tried different ways pressing on the sear release - the small tab you mentioned. Had it down all the way for certain.

I am handy for sure, but probably will not have the time for a long while to tackle taking the pistol down. Just not enough hours in the day. Hence the lack of shooting time.

The piston feels like it is blocked mechanically until released some way. Is there a printed take down procedure on the net some place?

Thanks again.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

You can contact the FWB folks at: info@feinwerkbau.de and ask them
for an exploded parts diagram for the 65.

If you would like, explain to them the problem.

They have an excellent reputation for customer service.

Kevho

Airgun aficionado from Costa Rica, C.A.

[/u]
joker

Post by joker »

I do not know anything about this pistol but I do recall reading of such a problem being caused simply by a slack internal screw backing off and jamming somewhere in the cocking mechanism?
NorthernPlus

Post by NorthernPlus »

Thank you both for your assistance.

Norbert
toznerd

Post by toznerd »

I think joker is spot on with this one. Do a search for "Stripping Model 80" and open the thread. It describes how to fix your suspected problem (cocking lever pivot screw may be turned out.)

toznerd
RB6

Post by RB6 »

The screw backing out may cause the lever jam, or a broken mainspring