pellets

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

blg

pellets

Post by blg »

What brand of pellets is everyone using?
yana

Post by yana »

Depends on the weapon. For the tsjech, I use JSB match. For the morini 162 H&N finale match. For the Diana 100 as well. For the Diana 6M JSB again. Dont pick the cheapest pellet around, even if yr still a beginner. Whats the use in buying a multi$$ gun and not using even a decent pellet??Im not saying use the most expensive, but test some pellets and choose a good 1.Doesnt have to be the best if yr starting out. But a good 1. Doesnt have to be the most expensive pellet to group well by the way. My Tau 7 doesnt even like the expensive stuff..Some guns are VERY picky in ammo choice..
Rover

Post by Rover »

Just do a search (see top of page) on pellets.

You'll be gagging on everything you never wanted to know on the subject.
jmkwyo

Post by jmkwyo »

Vogel Pelets are becoming more and more popular... good price too
angelmr

Post by angelmr »

I use gamo match. They are cheap, but more important, they have verry good weight spread compared with most of the well-known brands available on our market in low or medium prise range.
blg

Gamo match

Post by blg »

Where do you get the gamo match?
angelmr

Post by angelmr »

I am form Bulgaria and here gamo match are cheapest pellets here. I was verry surpprised when I compared this cheapest gamo with RWS hobby which is 3 times more expensive, and have relative standart deviation of weight 2.5%, while gamo match have only 0.72%.
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

I had my Anschutz tested by Neil Johnson before he retired, and there was definitely a preference for one type over another. So I think testing a wide variety makes sense. I shoot RWS R10, because I bought a huge quantity, but it is not the best for my particular rifle. R10s are not perfect, and there are some marginal pellets in the bulk tins. I bought a few sleaves of miestegunklin, and they actually appear to be slightly more uniform, and they shoot much better in my FWB 80. I think the big trick, is being able to bench rest the gun to be able to pick out the differences.
peterz

Neal Johnson

Post by peterz »

I came back from about 4 years in the UK to find Neal Johnson's business gone. I'm glad to hear it was a retirement, not something else. Did anybody take over the business, either as a direct successor or just another good dealer in COS?
jmkwyo

Post by jmkwyo »

nope, no one... it is just gone!
peterz

Neal Johnson

Post by peterz »

A sad loss to the sport.