.45 issue

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

jchristensen1

.45 issue

Post by jchristensen1 »

I have a Rock River 1911 for .45 bullseye.

Lately, if you move the gun side to side you can hear something shifting. If I insert a loaded magazine, it seems to lessen it greatly.

It seems like it is the scope shifting, but it doesn't make sense that it would stop when I insert a magazine...

I also now can't hold the 10 ring off a bench.

Anyone know what might be the issue?
jak10x1

Post by jak10x1 »

Is the scope or rings loose?

John
jchristensen1

Re: 45

Post by jchristensen1 »

jak10x1 wrote:Is the scope or rings loose?

John
I can't get them any tighter... that's what it sounds like, but it goes away with a magazine inserted, which baffles me.
2650 Plus

45 colt 1911

Post by 2650 Plus »

Two different parts can be moved when the magazine is incerted into the magazine well on the 1911. The trigger bars may be changing when you load. andthe magazine release mey be changing position. The first issue with the trigger bars may be that one is broken or possibly both bent. If you fing that the magazine release is changing position with the mag incerted it could be changing the trigger stop adjustment. I cant think of any thing else that moves when a magazine is incerted into the mag well. Good luck finding the solution to your problem. Good Shooting Bill Horton
jchristensen1

Re: 45 colt 1911

Post by jchristensen1 »

2650 Plus wrote:Two different parts can be moved when the magazine is incerted into the magazine well on the 1911. The trigger bars may be changing when you load. andthe magazine release mey be changing position. The first issue with the trigger bars may be that one is broken or possibly both bent. If you fing that the magazine release is changing position with the mag incerted it could be changing the trigger stop adjustment. I cant think of any thing else that moves when a magazine is incerted into the mag well. Good luck finding the solution to your problem. Good Shooting Bill Horton
The trigger bars seem fine.

I took the slide off and neither of the two parts make the sound either... only when they are together.
hill987

Post by hill987 »

first shoot a group of 5 shots at 50' see what the group is It should be one hole from a rest, Also check the bushing{ how tight is it } what is the mount the scope fits on> also the barrel lock up with the gun in battery can you move the barrel
Dave C.

Post by Dave C. »

The slide to frame fit is the first thing you should look at. When you insert a loaded magazine the top round is pressing up on the slide, this is masking the movment of the slide. Or I might be wrong.

Dave C.
Dave C.

Post by Dave C. »

The slide to frame fit is the first thing you should look at. When you insert a loaded magazine the top round is pressing up on the slide, this is masking the movment of the slide. Or I might be wrong.
Sorry about two posts.

Dave C.
hill987

Post by hill987 »

if the slide is so loose in battery it makes a noise when you shake it I think you could see that very easily And you could not hit a barn at 10 yards away I don't think that is you problem
jak10x1

Post by jak10x1 »

With no mag close the slide and then put a finger on the barrel hood and see if you can push it downward at all.

John
dlb

Post by dlb »

Is it possible that the hollow grip is simply conducting sound? - with the mag in, the sound is muffled. You mention that there is still some sound w/ the mag in.