Need some advice from 10 meter target shooters

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

jim51945

Need some advice from 10 meter target shooters

Post by jim51945 »

I am looking to acquire a 10 meter target rifle. Of course quality & accuracy are paramount, but at a reasonable price. A few considerations are the new AirForce Edge, the Crossman Challenger, and the classic FWB 300S/SU. Any views, comments, insight is appreciated as I move closer to a decision.

Thanks
bt88

Post by bt88 »

Don't rule out a used FWB SSP either. I bought a perfectly functioning FWB 601 from another member here for $650, and it was worth every penny. It is a bit more $$ than the other rifles, but you definitely get what you pay for, and the accuracy is second to none.
NCST8

Post by NCST8 »

SSPs are every bit as accurate, and they are cheaper. Plus, they don't require CA or CO2 cannisters/tanks.

PCPs are easier on the shooter over a long course of fire.
k9jri

Re: Need some advice from 10 meter target shooters

Post by k9jri »

jim51945 wrote:I am looking to acquire a 10 meter target rifle. Of course quality & accuracy are paramount, but at a reasonable price. A few considerations are the new AirForce Edge, the Crossman Challenger, and the classic FWB 300S/SU. Any views, comments, insight is appreciated as I move closer to a decision.

Thanks
I just completed the same search as you described with basically the same criteria. I purchased the Daisy Avanti 753 Elite and I am quite happy with it. The research I was able to do suggested that it is more accurate than either the Edge or the Challenger and quite reasonable ($260) if you can purchase directly from Daisy through your club's shooting program. I also considered used FWB rifles but the cost and parts availability was a put off for me.

I am using Vogel match pellets in both the pistol and rifle and they are very very nice.

Whatever you do I hope you have fun. I have been shooting my IZH-46M and 753 pretty much every day inside. It has been a cold winter here in Indianapolis, IN.

- Mike
AnthonyT

Post by AnthonyT »

Out of the ARs you listed I would go with the FWB if accuracy is the most important to you. The other guns are no where near the level of accuracy of the FWB. There is a 300 in the for sale section right now for $495. Would have jumped on it myself if it were only a lefty! I have shot the FWB 300 and 600s, all were very fine shooters and way more accurate than I was capable of shooting.