Feinwerkbau 700 conversion

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

scott75

Feinwerkbau 700 conversion

Post by scott75 »

Hi all,

i am looking to buy a second-hand Feinwerkbau 700. As i am a left-handed shooter(I know one of the lucky ones), is it possible to change the cocking lever from the right side to the left??? If so, what is the process

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Scott
Sydney Australia
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

Hi Scot

Yes, you can change it to the other side, just look how its fixed on, remove and fit the other side. Not sure what tools you need, but I guess a screw driver and an Allen key.

JSB
EJ

Post by EJ »

I have done that and it is no a problem if you are not afraid of using some force. I had to pound it to get the pin (that goes through the rifle) out of the cocking level and then more force to get it back on the other side.

But you might want to wait a bit before doing that if you use a rifle rest between shots. Because then it is easier to load with your right hand if the level is on the right side (for a left handed shooter). On the other hand the knob of the diopter is in the way for loading if it slid away from the head.
If you change it you might also want to file the top of the level down so it is possible to use a higher sight raiser block than original (it scrapes the side on the diopter otherwise)

/EJ
AnthonyT

Post by AnthonyT »

I use to shoot a right hand FWB 300 (with a stock that was not very conductive to shooting lefty!) and it is easier to cock the gun right handed.