Where are all the used pistols?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
robinhoods

Where are all the used pistols?

Post by robinhoods »

I want to get into the air pistol and must admit they are a whole new world to me.
The more I research the more confused I am getting.
Everytime I see a pistol I like-it's not around anymore.
FWB 100 series--used pardini etc etc.
Looking for the TAU 8 where is it.
Gone already to pistol heaven.
I don't want to go over $600 used but I think it is incredible haw many are not available. Any body know anything about the Alfa/AA PCP.
I am set up for PCP but I hear so much about the tau pistols.
Thanks and good shooting
DAvid F
BorzoiDad

Used Pistols

Post by BorzoiDad »

Assuming you mean competion air pistol, the problem is even used pcp guns are going to be above your price limit. I would suggest trying a IZH 46M. A new on will set you back about $400 and I have seen used ones listed for around $250 (try American Airguns Classifieds).
BorzoiDad

Used Pistols

Post by BorzoiDad »

Assuming you mean competion air pistol, the problem is even used pcp guns are going to be above your price limit. I would suggest trying a IZH 46M. A new on will set you back about $400 and I have seen used ones listed for around $250 (try American Airguns Classifieds).
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

They last for just about ever and its a pretty small market to begin with, hence the scarcity of used match air pistol.

If you come up a couple of hundred or so you'd be in the range of a used Steyr LP1 (usually can be had for around $800 or so).

The most popular match grade pistol now are Steyr and Morini, going back a little further would be FWB. That will give you an idea with regards to availability, the most popular being the most likely to be available used.

If you are looking for something under $600 the IZH is probably your best bet, it is a single stroke pneumatic (you need to cock it). Probably better than a Tau.
robinhoods

Where are they

Post by robinhoods »

Richard H wrote:They last for just about ever and its a pretty small market to begin with, hence the scarcity of used match air pistol.

If you come up a couple of hundred or so you'd be in the range of a used Steyr LP1 (usually can be had for around $800 or so).

The most popular match grade pistol now are Steyr and Morini, going back a little further would be FWB. That will give you an idea with regards to availability, the most popular being the most likely to be available used.

If you are looking for something under $600 the IZH is probably your best bet, it is a single stroke pneumatic (you need to cock it). Probably better than a Tau.
OK- maybe I am jumping the gun.
$600 is my limit right now but in 4 weeks I will have $1100 to spend. Maybe I should wait. Just getting to excited about the prospect.
David F
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

The (used) FWB 65 / 80 / 90 pistol is a good choice in your budget range. The FWB mentioned is a recoiless spring cocking pistol. Many shooters shoot about the same scores with the FWB 65 as PCP models. That said, I have a FWB 80, and I would like a PCP in that price range to avoid the cocking. Personally, I am dedicated to the rifle and shoot pistol a bit for fun, if I was dedicated to pistol shooting, I would get a PCP for the convenience.
TerryKuz

Re: Where are they

Post by TerryKuz »

robinhoods wrote:
Richard H wrote:They last for just about ever and its a pretty small market to begin with, hence the scarcity of used match air pistol.

OK- maybe I am jumping the gun.
$600 is my limit right now but in 4 weeks I will have $1100 to spend. Maybe I should wait. Just getting to excited about the prospect.
David F
Generally, if you buy a good used gun you can get back most of your money if you decide it is not the right model for you.
Richard H

Re: Where are they

Post by Richard H »

robinhoods wrote: OK- maybe I am jumping the gun.
David F
I would wait the month and get a Steyr Lp1
Tony C.

Post by Tony C. »

You can get a new Airarm Alpha for around $600.

Here is a link:

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Alfa_Comp ... istol/1564

Here is the discussion about this pistol on this board a while back.

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=17970

In order to sell a PCP target pistol at this price, some corners has to be cut, hence fixed air cylinder; no pressure meter; fixed grip...etc I haven't try this pistol but a friend of mine, not a competetive pistol shooter likes it very much, if you can get your hands onto one it might worth a try, just remember you get what you pay for.

IMHO you are better off to spend your money on a good 2nd hand PCP AP, they hold their value well and there are always buyer ready to jump on them, keep an eye on the buy, sale and trade section of this board, I belive there is a Pardini K2 for sale at this moment.
robinhoods

Thanks but I will wait

Post by robinhoods »

[quote=
If a FWB model 90 comes along then I will jump on it but you are right and I will wait until I am better funded and go after a better pistol.
Thanks for all the advice.
DavidF

"Tony C."]You can get a new Airarm Alpha for around $600.
Here is a link:

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Alfa_Comp ... istol/1564

Here is the discussion about this pistol on this board a while back.

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=17970

In order to sell a PCP target pistol at this price, some corners has to be cut, hence fixed air cylinder; no pressure meter; fixed grip...etc I haven't try this pistol but a friend of mine, not a competetive pistol shooter likes it very much, if you can get your hands onto one it might worth a try, just remember you get what you pay for.

IMHO you are better off to spend your money on a good 2nd hand PCP AP, they hold their value well and there are always buyer ready to jump on them, keep an eye on the buy, sale and trade section of this board, I belive there is a Pardini K2 for sale at this moment.[/quote]
melchloboo

Post by melchloboo »

With patience you can find good used CO2 10m match pistols as well in the $300 range.
zoned

Re: Where are all the used pistols?

Post by zoned »

> ...Everytime I see a pistol I like-it's not around
> anymore.... Gone already to pistol heaven...

The best way to acquire reasonably priced gear is to participate, or just hang around shooting events. There is always a lot of buying/selling going on there, and that is where the good stuff is.

Fwiw, the FAS 604 is back in the U.S. A few decades ago I bought one to compliment a FAS 602 http://tinyurl.com/yze3g5x . The rimfire is now dormant, but the 604 is still used, occasionally. It may not get you gold against the PCP's, but the ergos, trigger, and sights are excellent, and it's a very pleasant shooting little AP. http://tinyurl.com/yznx2xd
Last edited by zoned on Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rover

Post by Rover »

RE: FWB 90. I shot my personal best with one and the electronic trigger is excellent, but the electronics are a bit unreliable. I had it go out twice while I owned it. You might consider a FWB 65 instead as they are basically the same gun.

I understand the batteries are difficult (expensive) to acquire now, but have no personal knowledge.

I would try to find a FWB 103 or Pardini K58, as they are very competitive and don't require any additional cost for CO2/air.
robinhoods

Where are all the used pistols

Post by robinhoods »

What a forum,-THANKS.
Right now it's hard for me not to place an order for the TAU 7 or the Izzy.
I am trying to hang in there and hold out. I have seen a couple of the model 65 pistols recently with great swings in prices. Some $300 range and as high as $1500.

Rover wrote:RE: FWB 90. I shot my personal best with one and the electronic trigger is excellent, but the electronics are a bit unreliable. I had it go out twice while I owned it. You might consider a FWB 65 instead as they are basically the same gun.

I understand the batteries are difficult (expensive) to acquire now, but have no personal knowledge.

I would try to find a FWB 103 or Pardini K58, as they are very competitive and don't require any additional cost for CO2/air.
Last edited by robinhoods on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony C.

Post by Tony C. »

Just one more thing for you to consider: if you set your mind toward buying a PCP AP, besure to budget a couple of hundred dollars for air tank or pump, also don't overlook older Co2 AP such as Walther C1, they come up from time to time and they are just as good as any current PCP AP, a Co2 match AP in good condition can be had around $500-$700 or so.

The reason why top quality AP or other shooting equipment going so fast is there is always someone looking to buy them, spent a few more dollars to get what your budget allow, you will never regret buying quality equipments.
robinhoods

where are all the used pistols

Post by robinhoods »

I have the Hill pump that I use for my CZ 200TA. It's hard for someone starting out in Pistols but I know that this is what I want (air pistol).
I might even sell my CZ 200Ta because I have a FWB 300S That I like the best. I know if I'm patient the right gun will come along.
Thanks
David F

Tony C. wrote:Just one more thing for you to consider: if you set your mind toward buying a PCP AP, besure to budget a couple of hundred dollars for air tank or pump, also don't overlook older Co2 AP such as Walther C1, they come up from time to time and they are just as good as any current PCP AP, a Co2 match AP in good condition can be had around $500-$700 or so.

The reason why top quality AP or other shooting equipment going so fast is there is always someone looking to buy them, spent a few more dollars to get what your budget allow, you will never regret buying quality equipments.
TwoLegPete

Re: Where are all the used pistols?

Post by TwoLegPete »

robinhoods wrote: FWB 100 series--used pardini etc etc.
after shooting a FWB LP65 for a while, I bought a FWB LP100 (400 Euro) a month ago. It's a huge improvement, especially the trigger and the lack (well, almost) of bouncing/recoil. Maybe if you already are a good shooter, you can shoot top level scores with a FWB 65, but if you ask me (a novice shooter as well), I'd never go back to a spring loaded air pistol.
hill987

Post by hill987 »

hi I have a fwb 65 for sale with extra grip and has the box I just don't have time to shoot it. Let me know if you want to see it
hill987

Post by hill987 »

hi you can email me and i will try to add pics graycooling@roadrunner.com
Attachments
DSC02271.JPG
DSC02272.JPG
DSC02271.JPG
robinhoods

Where are all the used pistols

Post by robinhoods »

I see a FWB 102 but in the 100 series the 103 is the one you want.Right?
Also saw an LP 1 but they want $1200. Maybe I should take an SSP over a CO2 only because I live in the state of NY and we get lots of cold weather here.
Is the FWB 103 the best in that category. It seems lately I spend most of my time looking for the right pistol on my computer.
David