were can I buy a new match air pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
S Schwegmann

were can I buy a new match air pistol

Post by S Schwegmann »

The Schutzenverien (german for shooting club) I belong to has asked me to buy the schutzenverein a new match air pistol. After a hour of looking at the web, I have only found a hand full of places that I can buy a match air pistol online. Pilk and Champions Choice are the 2 that I have found that I liked. I would realy like to find some more shops to be able to compare prices. I like companies that deal mostly with compition shooters, and I have to be able to see their prices online. The club would like to stay with a well know brands like Anshutz, Walther, FWB, or any other well know brands.
P.S. I love spending other some one else,s money!
kevinw

Place to purchase match pistols

Post by kevinw »

I believe you are German and writing from Germany?

Have you visited the Gehmann web site?

They offer Morini pistols and shooting equipment at a reasonable price.

Kevin
paulo

Post by paulo »

Last edited by paulo on Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

It would really help to have a rough idea of where you are. Because if you're in Germany you can buy match air pistols there, believe me.
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

stopper.de

actual price is usually much lower than what is list in their website.

easy to bankwire.
Ceran

Post by Ceran »

Frankonia is O.K. company, and have fantastic action for Anschutz LP@ junior.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Schwegmann may have a German heritage last name, but is not located in German-speaking Central Europe, otherwise his/her keyboard would have Umlaute (or the writer would have used the appropriate "ue" transliteration), and s/he would not have mentioned US sources.
Maybe New Braunfels? City of ze sheutzen rrrrifles ? ;-)

Alexander
joker

Post by joker »

Alexander wrote:Schwegmann may have a German heritage last name, but is not located in German-speaking Central Europe, otherwise his/her keyboard would have Umlaute (or the writer would have used the appropriate "ue" transliteration), and s/he would not have mentioned US sources.
Maybe New Braunfels? City of ze sheutzen rrrrifles ? ;-)

Alexander
Alexander, is your surname 'Holmes' perchance?
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

A search on the OP shows his marksman club in Cincinnati Ohio.
I think the host of this site has good prices, good service, good reputation, and good advice on your purchase. As a buyer for the schutzenverein, it would be a valid choice. Best wishes for your decision, and club members.
S Schwegmann

yes I am in cincinnati

Post by S Schwegmann »

Yes I am in Cincinnati Ohio, not Germany. My family is from northern Germany. I can not say they just got off the boat, because the came in a plane. If you would like, the german heritage club that I belong to is online at www.germaniasociety.com We might have some photo's of our schuetzenverein on the web site. There are Schutzenverein's all over the USA.
frog5215

Post by frog5215 »

Obviously Pilkington has Steyrs and others. Excellent support. The value of this cannot be overstated.
Check some of the links here:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/
http://www.champchoice.com/
https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/
Rover

Post by Rover »

I can't disagree with the advice of the above, but you are looking for a "Club Gun" that may be used by several different shooters who may not be mechanically inclined (military thinking).

If the level of skill of your shooters is about the same as the two local Scheutzenverein here, you will not require the high level of sophistication the top APs offer (not to mention expense).

If you MUST buy new, I recommend a Pardini K58 (Larry's Guns and others). Used you can get the Pardini, but a German gun might suit your fancy. I would recommend a FWB 65, 80, or 103. All these require no additional purchases and are "ham-hand" resistant. They are certainly all more accurate than any shooter needs.

Gute Aufnahmen und viel Spaß!
zoned

Post by zoned »

Rover wrote:..If you MUST buy new, I recommend a Pardini K58 (Larry's Guns and others). ..
Afaik, sadly the K58 is no longer available. Larry doesn't show it at his site, nor does Pardini.
Last edited by zoned on Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Phone Larry and bug him or look elsewhere. Factory direct? I don't know, but I would personally buy a used one.
joe1347

Post by joe1347 »

Don't listen to Rover. He'll talk you into a (used) Pardini K58 that you'll waste away too many hours shooting instead of buying some piece of junk cheap air pistol that you'll hate and never want to shoot :)