Air Arms MOD MPR air rifle from Champions Choice opinions?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

scorekeeper

Air Arms MOD MPR air rifle from Champions Choice opinions?

Post by scorekeeper »

I am looking at club air rifles to purchase. Does anyone have experience with the Air Arms MOD MPR that Champions Choice is selling. I would appreciate any feedback.

Jeff
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Personally, I think it's a great concept.
However ... these, even in the sporter configuration are not CMP legal.
They are however, NRA sporter legal.

If this is for a youth program that may make a difference in what your club purchases
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

I have 2 AA400s, that use the same basic action as the MPR. I use the AA400 for NRA silhouette, and to practice indoors at 10 meters. On my model, you can adjust the power level down to get about 100 shots per fill. At 10 meters it puts them in the same hole every time. They are very high quality rifles, and would compare the action to some thing like an Anschutz 1700 series. Personally, as a budget issue for you training application, I think the AA MPR would be better than 8002 club gun. I don't think you can be disappointed with a MPR for your application.
scorekeeper

What do you mean?

Post by scorekeeper »

jhmartin wrote:Personally, I think it's a great concept.
However ... these, even in the sporter configuration are not CMP legal.
They are however, NRA sporter legal.

If this is for a youth program that may make a difference in what your club purchases

What do you mean not CMP leagal? If not why not. Where can I find out this kind of information? I thought the AA Modified MPR could be used in precision shooting. I have not heard back from Champions Choice to confirm this.
Thanks for giving time to a beginner. We just got a grant for air rifles. Our junior team shoots smallbore precision. It would seem a shame to spend all of the grant and only get 2 Anschutz air rifles.

Jeff
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Whoops .... it is not CMP legal for sporter. If it meets the dimensional requirements for a P-gun (and it does) it is OK for Precision.

Sorry for not making that distinction
S Schwegmann

Post by S Schwegmann »

I also was charged with buying guns for my club. I looked a Air arms. I found a artical on the web about Air arms. The wrighter said that it was an ok rifle, but he had some problems with it. I can not find that artical right now. I bought the 8002 Anschutz form Champions Choice, and we are very happy with them. We shoot 10m indoors.
S Schwegmann

Post by S Schwegmann »

I found the wed sight that did the review www.airguns.net
relay1

Re: Air Arms MOD MPR air rifle from Champions Choice opinion

Post by relay1 »

Jeff did you end up with the AA MPR? If so what do you think, is it a good shooting rifle?

Thanks,
Charles
scorekeeper wrote:I am looking at club air rifles to purchase. Does anyone have experience with the Air Arms MOD MPR that Champions Choice is selling. I would appreciate any feedback.

Jeff
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

We have a shooter in my club with an AA MPR Precision.
He fitted the alu muzzle extention and extra muzzle weight both available from AA and he also fitted some extra weights in the stock under the barrel. Lastly, he fitted the alu butt plate and a Anschutz 18-mm fore sight tunnel.

We got the rifle balanced and weighted at about 4.5 Kg. He is shooting high 560's and some times 570'S and he is just a beginner, so I think the rifle is pretty good for the money. He has no trouble with the air cylinder or filling problems.
So far after 12 Months it has been trouble free. Please excuse me for not being familiar with American rules as I only use the ISSF rules which this rifle conforms to.
Hope this helps

JSB
TNRifleman

Air Arms

Post by TNRifleman »

My son had one the thing shot great, he was just 10 at the time, shooting 550, 560 with RWS R10 4.49 Light pellets. I think it is one of the most under rated air guns out there. He never beat the scores he posted with the Air Arms with the FWB P70 he used later.