TOZ 35 Red dot

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
gpractice

TOZ 35 Red dot

Post by gpractice »

Has anyone removed the rear sight on the TOZ35 FP and mounted some sort of base to mount a red dot sight for ammo testing?
The rear sight removes with 2 screws and a small red dot like a optima 2000 looks like it would fit.
Could you post pictures?
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

Why would one do this to a Free Pistol, other than to say they did it????"Doc"
johnRW

Post by johnRW »

I believe the poster is interested doing some ammo testing.

Post by Guest »

johnRW wrote:I believe the poster is interested doing some ammo testing.
A 50-meter shooter does not need an optic to test ammo.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Clamp the barrel in a machine vise if you want to test ammo. It's the only way.

Eliminate the human factor (and save your Toz the humiliation of having a red dot mounted on it!).
lastman

Post by lastman »

It bewilders me that anyone would even consider doing an ammunition test using an optical sight. On any pistol at any distance there is still a human characteristic to the result which makes the results useless. Especially on a free pistol where the difference is huge.

There are 2 ways to ammo test.

1. Ransom Rest
2. Machine vice.

Its that simple, there's nothing more to it.

Can't wait to get out an do some testing with my new toy :-)
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Bob-Riegl wrote:Why would one do this to a Free Pistol, other than to say they did it????"Doc"
I think it would make a great squirrel gun!
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

BWAH----HA! "Doc"
lastman

Post by lastman »

Freepistol wrote:
Bob-Riegl wrote:Why would one do this to a Free Pistol, other than to say they did it????"Doc"
I think it would make a great squirrel gun!
Nice!

Post by Guest »

Freepistol wrote:I think it would make a great squirrel gun!
It would be a big hit with the Neanderthals at RimfireCentral.
jsealc21

Post by jsealc21 »

Anonymous wrote:
My , my...a little elitist aren't we ? I happen to frequent both forums,and I must admit to not having met any Neanderthals on either forum,until now, here, in the guise of an anonymous "guest". Don't be a gutless wonder, and perhaps reveal your true colors ( and name ).
P.S. it would make a great squirrel gun...after all, free pistols are the distant progeny of dueling pistols...
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

jsealc21 wrote:...P.S. it would make a great squirrel gun...after all, free pistols are the distant progeny of dueling pistols...
Do American squirrels engage in many duels?

Post by Guest »

jsealc21 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
My , my...a little elitist aren't we ?... P.S. it would make a great squirrel gun...after all, free pistols are the distant progeny of dueling pistols...
Yes, Neanderthals. Many post this kind of garbage with much pride. From what you say, it can be assumed you are part of that clan.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh17 ... 09_002.jpg
jsealc21

Post by jsealc21 »

Spencer wrote:
jsealc21 wrote:...P.S. it would make a great squirrel gun...after all, free pistols are the distant progeny of dueling pistols...
Do American squirrels engage in many duels?
Hi Spencer, I am a kiwi in southern california,and while I have yet to see any dueling squirrels here, I believe the Australian koala bear is a fierce proponent of a gentleman's right to honourably defend himself against slurs and slander....as a result, I would like to ask you to be my second as I defend my integrity against " guest" and his illogical diatribe...after all ,one photo does not a blighted "neanderthal " forum make. After all ,I didn't pollute Targettalk with pictures of dead squirrels,while still wearing an "anonymous" mask.
Anyway,enough of this tiresome chatter...this thread is hijacked enough already...my apologies to all those who took time out to read this.
6string

Post by 6string »

Couple thoughts:
-I recently saw a Hammerli 150 on Gunbroker in nice condition except for a marred barrel from some sort of clamp-on scope mount. I'd be curious to see what that was used for.
-Larry Carter told me he once converted a Hammerli 160 to 22 mag for use as a hunting pistol. He seemed to think it worked out pretty well. Something to consider given the general wisdom not to use high velocity 22, let alone 22 mag, in a free pistol.
-I once owned an older Hammerli 100 free pistol that, surprisingly, came with a hand made leather holster.
So, I guess some people use free pistols for a pretty diverse range of purposes...
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

jsealc21 wrote:....as a result, I would like to ask you to be my second as I defend my integrity against " guest" and his illogical diatribe...
prithee, sir,
I must regretfully decline your generous (all expenses?) offer to serve as your second, should the occassion arise.
'Herself' has decreed that since entereing into matrimony I giveth up hunting pigs, riding motorcycles and/or flying in aircraft with less than 20 seats...

Your obedient servant,
Spencer Tweedie Esq.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Spencer wrote: 'Herself' has decreed that since entereing into matrimony I giveth up hunting pigs, riding motorcycles and/or flying in aircraft with less than 20 seats...
But you're still allowed to smoke?
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Shhh!
jsealc21

Post by jsealc21 »

hey J-team, is your avatar that new possum shootin' pistol I heard about....I guess a .50 cal lead ball would do it,even if you missed with the Holden ute...

( p.s. a translation of the above will be provided on request to those of the Northern hemisphere persuasion...)

...and Spencer,thankyou very much for your kind consideration of my predicament. Maybe you could borrow j-team's pistol for some pig-hunting...or perhaps you could invite a Guest... ?
j-team

Post by j-team »

It's "only" a .36 so maybe suitable for smaller Kiwi pigs but not for some of those Aussie monsters that I've heard about (some of which are as big as a holden ute)!

Next time Spencer is in NZ, maybe I should arrange a trip into the Ureweras with some local Maori boys for a pig hunt!