TOZ-35 versus 35M

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
zoned

TOZ-35 versus 35M

Post by zoned »

Beyond the obvious trigger guard shape and barrel band, what are the differences between the TOZ-35 and 35M?
TB

Post by TB »

The fore-end is on the 35M attached via a band and on the 35 it is attached direct on the barrel. The chamber on the 35 is supposed to be a bit tighter than on the 35M.

Overall the main difference is the removebable entire front sight on the 35M, but this is only an advantage if the frontsight is crooked and therefore needs to be adjusted or if you want to add a compensator. If you want to add a compensator to the 35 you need to remove the front sight with a saw. If the front sight is not crooked and you don't want to add a compensator, there is only cosmetic differences and they are both great guns!
abrakadabra

Post by abrakadabra »

An article from a German magazine.
dixon

Post by dixon »

The 35M that I had appeared to have had a button rifled barrel the 35 I have looks like it is a cut rifled barrel. Although I don't remember seeing any statement on the manufacturing process for the barrels in either version, the rifling pattern certainly seems to have changed between the versions in the examples I have seen.
paulo

Post by paulo »

Do the 35 and 35M share the same parts?
I found an affordable 35 that I was thinking of buying for spare parts for a 35M.
mjmarz

TOZ parts interchangeability

Post by mjmarz »

Parts between the 35 and the 35m are interchangeable except as noted previously. Given the price of replacement parts, a spare is not a bad idea. The consumable critical parts such as trigger parts, firing pins, and various springs are interchangeable.

Note however that each toz tang is usually a bit different. The amount of weld varies as does the angle. The amount is very small but significant. That means that grips on installation need to be fitted That only entails a bit of wood carving however and well within most owner's capacity. Even new grips being installed on a pistol in one's possession requires some fitting.