my first impression of new LP10E kompensatorkegel

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Seamaster

my first impression of new LP10E kompensatorkegel

Post by Seamaster »

Just received my new LP10E 8 hole compensator, called Kompensatorkegel on the label.

It costs me $42 (28 Euro from Steyr) from Neal Stepp.

First impression: It is quite heavy, almost as heavy as a barrel weight.

Looks nice and solid. Well machined.

The sound of the new compensator is not as high pitched as the old compensator. It used to sound like "CLAP", it now sound more like "PAH".

Front end now feels more heavy, less wobbly. Don't know if it is new item psychology, but I have to assume it is true because new compensator is appreciably heavier.

Don't know if the score will improve yet. Need to shoot more over the next few weeks to find out.

But I am always happy to "buy" a few points if I can.
Tallahassee

Post by Tallahassee »

Kompensatorkegel = compensator cone.

Steyr said the new compensator decrease turbulence in their study.

They are considering putting this new compensator on their future LP10.
Oz

Post by Oz »

Hey Seamaster, glad to see you on the list for the Winter Air Gun Championship. I look forward to seeing your new compensator in action.

Oz
Naimed1983

Post by Naimed1983 »

I don't think it is a good thing to do. The internal compensator is designed for the original front compansater design and pressure release. Your pistol speed needs to be set correctly to match the compensating effect together.

The lp10 and lp10e housing are NOT the same. They look almost the same on the outside.
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

Where did you get the idea that LP10E and LP10 housing are not the same?
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

The compensator I am changing is not the internal compensator, it is the 8-hole compensator cone at the tip of the barrel shroud. I did not see what that has anything to do with the INTERNAL housing.
ronpistolero

compensator

Post by ronpistolero »

Hi.

Would you mind posting some close up pictures of this new compensator? I would like to see and figure out how its different configuration can be more effective functionally.

regards,

Ron
Oz

Post by Oz »

Biggest LP10 standard picture of compensator. The air passes via the four edge spaces:

Great large picture of the LP10e 8-hole compensator.

The structure of the barrel shroud around the LP10e compensator appears to be identical to mine. I don't know why that would change.

Oz
ronpistolero

compensator

Post by ronpistolero »

Thanks for the picture but I was hoping for pictures of the compensator removed from the sleeve. :-). Is that possible? Thanks
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

Sorry for the small size of compensator.
Attachments
Steyr lp10e Compensator
Steyr lp10e Compensator
2515042_4b011e1579551.jpg (21.47 KiB) Viewed 5908 times
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

Some pics but they are not of the highest quality
Attachments
LP10E-Cone-3.jpg
LP10E-Cone-2.jpg
LP10E-Cone-1.jpg
Naimed1983

Post by Naimed1983 »

seamaster wrote:Where did you get the idea that LP10E and LP10 housing are not the same?
I dont mean the barrelshroud, but het housing between the grip and the Barrel.

Post by Guest »

seamaster wrote:The compensator I am changing is not the internal compensator, it is the 8-hole compensator cone at the tip of the barrel shroud. I did not see what that has anything to do with the INTERNAL housing.
The compensating effect of the internal compensating system(IC) + front compensator (FC)= zero movement (V0). If you change one parameter (fornt compensator FC) then the outcome may not be zero V0. You can only adjust the internal compensator if this is the case to get V0.
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

compensators in CA pistols are a leftover from CO2 pistols where they were a necessity due to liquid to gas transformation and the speed of the gas as it left the barrel. Today it is a matter that shooters expect to have them on their gun.

CA pistols accuracy are not effected in any way with them on or off the pistol.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

pilkguns wrote:CA pistols accuracy are not effected in any way with them on or off the pistol.
Come on Scott. You've been around long enough to know that shooters have got to have the latest gizmo, whether it works or not.

It actually raises another point; even if you only "think" it works then it's worth paying for.
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

yeah I know David, I just wish i had it in me to sell stuff like pellet sizers and comps to people.

the physcological effect is real, if only temporary. Well no, let me rephrase that is it real ? or are you adding physical factors that you should have been doing all along, and you concentrate on them once again whne have a new gun or a new addition to an old gun? And shortly after you have the new thing, you go back to your old bad habits and scores return to where they were.

Post by Guest »

pilkguns wrote:yeah I know David, I just wish i had it in me to sell stuff like pellet sizers and comps to people.

the physcological effect is real, if only temporary. Well no, let me rephrase that is it real ? or are you adding physical factors that you should have been doing all along, and you concentrate on them once again whne have a new gun or a new addition to an old gun? And shortly after you have the new thing, you go back to your old bad habits and scores return to where they were.
Not true. Ever heared about turbulance when the pellet leaves the pistol? De front compensator does have effect on that. Groups will be larger without it.
Oz

Post by Oz »

Anonymous wrote:
pilkguns wrote:yeah I know David, I just wish i had it in me to sell stuff like pellet sizers and comps to people.

Not true. Ever heared about turbulance when the pellet leaves the pistol? De front compensator does have effect on that. Groups will be larger without it.
LOL... then YOU my friend, must by the latest compensator, otherwise your scores will suffer ;-)
Oz

Post by Oz »

I'm in this camp with you. It's refreshing to hear this from a respected proprietor. That's probably why you're respected and why I'll continue to buy stuff from you.

Speaking of which... I need to buy a case of 4.49 Vogel's. And maybe a pellet sizer ;-)

Oz
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

Anonymous wrote:[

Go back and read my original post. The turbulence is only an issue with CO2, not CA. CA is depressurizing the entire length of the barrel while CO2 under some atmospheric conditions is building pressure as it exits the barrel, thus causing turbulence. Or so the physicists tell me.