Walther CPM-1 fill question

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Dead-On

Walther CPM-1 fill question

Post by Dead-On »

So I aquired my first true match pistol at Roanoke and I am atempting to try it out but I have a few questions.

1. The two tanks that come with the gun have two markings. 0.040 and Tara 0.190. I assume these have to do with fill weight. I want to weigh it on my scale but I'm not sure what these numbers mean or what mode to weigh them in. I am hypothosising I need 40 grams of Co2 or possibly 86 grams???

2. I have a 20 oz paintball tank that should fit the fill adapter but it does not seat deep enough into the adapter to thread. Do I need something specific to connect it? I have a 20lb tank in Pittsburgh but I haven't had the chance to see if it fits. Should I be looking for a fill hose and valve shutoff or a tank with a siphon?

3. Where would I be able to download or purchase a Walther CPM-1 owners manual.

Thanks, Rob
Rover

Post by Rover »

Champions Choice is the US Walther distributor, so you can get what you need from them. They may have the manual. An adapter should have come with the gun to fill from your 20lb. tank. If not, it'll be around $30 from above.

I would trade in your tank on one with a siphon wherever you would get a fill, otherwise you have to have the tank upside down.

As far as filling your cylinders...quick and dirty, five minutes in the freezer then fill. I have never bothered to weigh a cylinder.

Those Walthers are sweet!
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

Start w this link
http://www.pilkguns.com/co2.shtml

I also shoot a CPM-1. BUT I have been idle for a long time, and am not up to speed on the refill procedure.
- I think it is 40 grams of co2, and a full tank is 190 grams
If you weigh a empty cylinder you should be able to figure it out.
If the empty cylinder is 190g, then a full tank is 190 + 40 = 220g

If you have a small tank (5# or less) you don't need a syphon.
For 10# or more, I would recommend a syphon, so you don't have to invert a HEAVY tank...which can be dangerous.

The fill adapter for the CPM-1 fits right onto the valve on my 5# co2 tank.

I thought I had a manual for the CPM-1.
You can email Walther in Germany and ask for a copy of the manual.
Philadelphia

Re: Walther CPM-1 fill question

Post by Philadelphia »

Dead-On wrote:So I aquired my first true match pistol at Roanoke and I am atempting to try it out but I have a few questions.

1. The two tanks that come with the gun have two markings. 0.040 and Tara 0.190. I assume these have to do with fill weight. I want to weigh it on my scale but I'm not sure what these numbers mean or what mode to weigh them in. I am hypothosising I need 40 grams of Co2 or possibly 86 grams???

. . .

Thanks, Rob
I have a Walther CP-5 and if your CPM-1 is the same, the numbers refer to kilograms so . . . the max tank capacity is 40g of CO2 and tank tare (empty) weight is 190g.
ghilt

CPM-1 Manual

Post by ghilt »

I have scanned my CPM-1 manual. If a copy is all you need, let me know and will email one to you.
Dead-On

Re: CPM-1 Manual

Post by Dead-On »

Thanks everyone for the information. Hopefuly I'll be shooting before the weekend.
ghilt wrote:I have scanned my CPM-1 manual. If a copy is all you need, let me know and will email one to you.
Thanks ghilt, I would apreciate a copy of the manual.

Try both...

dn1tripod@comcast.net

or

dn1tripod@qcol.net
ghilt

CPM-1 Manual

Post by ghilt »

Dead-On did you get the manual?
Dead-On

Re: CPM-1 Manual

Post by Dead-On »

ghilt wrote:Dead-On did you get the manual?
Yabba Dadda Doo!!! Thanks to you.
john_almighty

Need a scanned manual of CPM 1

Post by john_almighty »

Hi All,

Apologies for bumping an old thread. But could anyone please email me a scanned copy of Walther CPM -1. I need to have a look at one and have misplaced mine.

please email it to: john.almighty1981@gmail.com

Thanks,

John