MG2 Ammunition Selection

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
A74BEDLM

MG2 Ammunition Selection

Post by A74BEDLM »

I am interested to know what are other MG2 Owners are using for competition and training.

Personally I am finding Eley Match Pistol Semi-Auto - Round Nose Special Lubricant - Black Box seems to cycle good and gives nice groups.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

All over the catalogue. Normal ammo for the last years was SK Standard, but I'm switching to CCI Standard now - would be too hot for RFP, but it groups very well in precision, and recoil doesn't matter in precision / duel. And besides, it's incredibly cheap. My MG2 (all of them) will shoot as well as I am able to with 15 year old Tenex, 10 year old Eley Pistol Match, Fiocchi M300, M320, SK Pistol Match, brand new Geco Pistol Match or Lapua Midas, so I don't really invest any time in evaluating ammo, as long as it goes bang when I pull the trigger.
EdStevens

Post by EdStevens »

I'm using Eley Sport, but just because it's a reasonable quality standard velocity in my price range.
TB

Post by TB »

I use RWS C25 which I am very happy with. It is relatively cheap, very reliable, groups well and have less recoil than RWS's standard offerings eg. Pistol Match. If money were no concern I would use Eley Match Pistol or Lapua Pistol King.
RJP

MG2

Post by RJP »

SK Pistol Match

Accurate, 100% reliable. and reasonably priced.
R.M.

Post by R.M. »

Funny, I'm having trouble with SK, and Wolf, which is the same stuff, runs just fine. Mostly for club level matches, I use Eley Sport.
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

Quite honestly I've never had a problem with any ammo in mine, from low-priced Aguila to various US-made ammo to Wolf or Eley.