Scatt question (moving the virtual sight)

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

guest2

Scatt question (moving the virtual sight)

Post by guest2 »

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure I understand exactly what is required to move the Scatt virtual sight. It is my understanding that I am to click and drag the last shot to where I think the shot should have been.

However, there are times in the past where I have made adjustments and it appears the system did not take the change. To get around this, I end up moving my physical sights when I am close to my desired zero or when I am in the match portion of my practice.

I'd like to have more confidence in the system which is why I am asking what needs to be done to move the virtual sight? Is it a drag and move, a drag and move, then wait for some feedback before releasing the button? My issue seems to be intermittent so knowing exactly what I need to do will give me more confidence in moving the virtual sight.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Many thanks,

Matt
david alaways

scatt

Post by david alaways »

you need to shoot more shoots before u try to center it. thats usually the only problem Ive come across.
RobStubbs

Re: Scatt question (moving the virtual sight)

Post by RobStubbs »

guest2 wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm not sure I understand exactly what is required to move the Scatt virtual sight. It is my understanding that I am to click and drag the last shot to where I think the shot should have been.
<snip>

Many thanks,

Matt
Matt,
That's not entirely true, or rather not the only thing you need to do. You may need to physically move the sensor (with the hexagonal screws on the bottom and side) - doing so in I think the 'calibrate' mode. This is to get the sensor pointed close to the middle of the target so that you get the best sensitivity and functionality. Once you've done that then you fine tune it as you say. I personally just shoot a few live shots and move the point of aim on the screen to match where it is on the paper target. Thereafter you can move it again if required but it doesn't really matter much if the 2 aren't totally matched. The important readouts from the system will be the same wherever it says the shot has gone.

Rob.
dflast

Post by dflast »

Rob,
There's a distinction to be made here between the older Scatt Professional and the more recent Scatt USB: there's no provision in the USB version for physical adjustment of the sensor - all of the fine tuning is done by clicking and dragging a virtual shot hole to where you think it ought to be. My own experience is somewhat of a mix of Matt's and the other David's - I find it often takes several attempts to get the system to recognize an adjustment, but in the end it always does and I've never had to disturb my default real-world sight settings to keep my mean aiming trace centered.
David (the quiet one)
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

dflast wrote:Rob,
There's a distinction to be made here between the older Scatt Professional and the more recent Scatt USB: there's no provision in the USB version for physical adjustment of the sensor - all of the fine tuning is done by clicking and dragging a virtual shot hole to where you think it ought to be. My own experience is somewhat of a mix of Matt's and the other David's - I find it often takes several attempts to get the system to recognize an adjustment, but in the end it always does and I've never had to disturb my default real-world sight settings to keep my mean aiming trace centered.
David (the quiet one)
Umm, I'm not sure that's entirely correct. My own scatt is an old serial version but I also use a couple of newer versions and they are USB ones. Certainly on one of those we physically adjusted the sensor, I can't remember if we did with the other model.

If however there is no physical adjustment possible then you must just click and drag the shot(s). I do recall this can take a couple of attempts but it also gets disurbed if the sensor points back at the target whilst setting up - as can be a problem with prone rifle when you're 'coaching' it.

Rob.