Air Rifle Cleaning and Lubrication

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Hip's Ax

Air Rifle Cleaning and Lubrication

Post by Hip's Ax »

Greetings, I own a Walther LG300 Alutech and I have read the owners manual and searched the internet for information on cleaning and lubrication requirements. I find it hard to believe that there is NO maintenance required on a compressed air rifle?

Right now I only shoot a couple of those felt cleaning pellets every now and then and I lubricated the loading gate lever lightly with Anschutz silicone air rifle oil when it felt like it needed it.

I have two types of Anschutz silicone air rifle oil, one blue and one clear that I bought when I had my RWS 75. Never found where they should be used on that rifle either.

Before each season starts I take my Anschutz air rifle cleaning kit and drag some dry patches through the bore.

What do you do to take care of your compressed air rifle?

Thanks in advance.
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

There is very little maintenance needed on the Walther. Just wipe down the metal work with a silicone gun cloth after use.
Shooting felt pellets through after shooting is OK. Make sure that no lubricants find their way into the valve and firing pin mechanism and keep the cylinder threads free of dust and hairs.

It usually takes about 5 - 10 shots after cleaning the bore with felt pellets for the grouping to settle down. Maik Eckhard mentions this in Ways Of the Rifle.

Peeps