Question on GSP trigger.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
MSC

Question on GSP trigger.

Post by MSC »

I've got a Walther GSP with the two stage trigger. The face of the trigger shoe is angled, and I really don't care for this - prefer a flat trigger face.

Is this the norm? Or is this perhaps an optional part on mine? Just curious what others out there have on their's.

Thanks for any help.
Popeye

Customised GSP Triggger Shoe for 2 Stage Trigger Unit

Post by Popeye »

The norm is to use a concave or angled face on the trigger shoe. However, the GSP 2 stage trigger unit allows for the use of any shaped trigger shoe set at a desired angle that can be mounted on a rod (of 3mm diameter I think) and held or clamped into place by the trigger unit.

So, my point is that you are free to build a custom trigger shoe for the 2 stage unit, including a flat shoe or any shape you like.

My preference is to modify (shorten and offset) a trigger shoe from the old single stage trigger, and mount it on an appropriately sized rod through the clamp.

Isn't it great to experiment with triggers.

Popeye
Popeye

GSP Trigger Shoes

Post by Popeye »

I've uploaded some trigger shoe options so you can see that I'm not just blowing hot air!

POPeye
Attachments
GSP triggers.JPG
GSP triggers.JPG (53.8 KiB) Viewed 1320 times
MSC

Post by MSC »

Thanks Popeye. Yeah, mine is the top trigger in your pic - I realize the others are likely your creation. I don't really have the materials/tools/time to go fabricating right now. I'll probably just give Earl's a call to see what he may have.

The angled face seems fine for slow-fire shooting. But for my timed and rapid (bullseye discipline), I swear it's having an effect on my POI. The gun is zeroed dead-on, slow-fire shots are dead-on, but when shooting more quickly, I consistently shoot left. Can probably work through this with practice. But I've never had this happen with 7 or 8 other target guns. I'm not one to blame the gun on my performance, but this time....
FredB

Post by FredB »

Options exist between the extremes of fabricating a new blade or accepting the factory blade exactly as supplied. First off, the factory blade is not symmetrical, and the post mounting allows the user to position the blade anywhere around a full 360 degrees. So try all the different positions to see if one of them may suit you better. If not, then file the blade so it feels right to you. After filing you can try all different positions again. This is what I have done, and with patience I eventually found a nice fit/angle with a slightly modified blade.

HTH,
FredB