which trigger (electronic or mechanical)

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
JB

which trigger (electronic or mechanical)

Post by JB »

I've started shooting this year and have access to both electronic and mechanical triggered pistols. Which trigger would you teach a beginner on? Is there anything wrong with learning on a electronic trigger or is it best to learn on a mechanical? Right now, I have to say I like the mechanical guns (based on the grip, balance, and barrel length) but I like the feel of the electronic trigger and the dry-fire option (as I spend hours and hours doing dry-fire practice at home). Other than price is there any thing wrong with a beginner learning on a electronic trigger or am I missing something?

thanks
Ernie Rodriguez

Which Trigger

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

I would recommend a mechanical trigger for a beginner. They seem to be more trouble free.
Ernie Rodriguez

Which Trigger

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

I would recommend a mechanical trigger for a beginner. They seem to be more trouble free.
Misny

Post by Misny »

I don't think that there is anything wrong with learning on an electronic trigger. The only thing is it might spoil you 8^)
David Levene

Re: Which Trigger

Post by David Levene »

Ernie Rodriguez wrote:I would recommend a mechanical trigger for a beginner. They seem to be more trouble free.
I've never had any problem with the trigger on my 162EI. Mind, you, I've only had it for about 9 years so it's still early days. I just make sure I change the batteries once a year, whether they need changing or not.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure I know anyone who's had trigger problems with a 162EI.
luftskytter

Post by luftskytter »

Electronic:
never had any trouble with my MG1E by Cesare Morini.

The electronic trigger doesn't "break" ie. nothing happens triggerwise hwwn the shot goes off, except the electromagnet being actuated. You learn by dryfiring with and without the power switched on that you can't feel the trigger going off. This teaches you the "slow squeeze" better than a mechanical trigger which will always have a short "roll-over" before hitting the trigger stop. With the electronic trigger there's no need for a trigger stop........
yana

Post by yana »

Which ever you prefer the feel of.
My 162 E has an E trigger which is very good.
My aeron spider has a mechanical trigger which is very good as well.
Both can be véry good.
Be aware that some pistols with E trigger have limited/no grip adjustability! For instance the morini's..
JB

please describe

Post by JB »

yana wrote:Be aware that some pistols with E trigger have limited/no grip adjustability! For instance the morini's..
Can you elaborate please? I'm not sure what limited/no grip adj. is and the impact to shooting. Thank you.
David Levene

Re: please describe

Post by David Levene »

JB wrote:Can you elaborate please? I'm not sure what limited/no grip adj. is and the impact to shooting.
On the Morini 162EI the electronics module in the grip plugs directly into the frame. It is not therefore possible to alter the grip angle.

If you try the gun and find that you need to change the grip angle, and do not think that can be done by modifying the grip (or replacing it with an after-market one), then you could have a problem. I would say though that the Morini is probably the second most popular gun (at top level) after the Steyr so it isn't normally too much of a problem.
emilio

Post by emilio »

I think that all the top line pistols (Mechanical Morini, Steyr, Walther), have the dry fire option. I have one Steyr LP10, and I practice a lot in home with the dry fire, so it is not a problem.
The Electronic Morini have less ajustement in the grip, you can´t remove wood if the grip is a little big for your hand, my recomendation is to go to a local club and try differente pistols, so you can feel them.
Sorry my english, and good look...