LP 50e

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
juggle5

LP 50e

Post by juggle5 »

Has anyone had the pleasure of trying one of these yet?
Looking for some feedback / impressions of them.

thanks
jipe

Re: LP 50e

Post by jipe »

juggle5 wrote:Has anyone had the pleasure of trying one of these yet?
Looking for some feedback / impressions of them.

thanks
I have read that the LP50e and LP10E market introduction will be delayed due to some reliability issues with the electronic trigger ???
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Hm, interesting - what source was that? I heard that the pistols were shown at the German championships, without any disclaimers... And, people who've handled the LP50E have reported that the trigger is not really what was hoped - would be interesting to get more opinions on that.
jipe

Post by jipe »

Tycho wrote:Hm, interesting - what source was that?
A dealer in France in his September newsletter... but this dealer is also Tesro importer in France -> some doubt about his objectivity since everytime a customers wants to buy a Steyr, he tries to convince him to buy a Tesro instead , he even shipped a Tesro to a customer who bought a Steyr online saying that the Steyr was not anymore in stock and that the customer could use the Tesro till the Steyr was again in stock (or of course, keep the Tesro, if he decided to change his mind) !

LP50E

Post by Guest »

The local Steyr dealer in Finland announced that LP50E will be in the shop in october. There is also a short version of it (40 mm shorter than the normal version) That might be an alternative for those who shoot 5-shot discipline. You can see picture of it from http://www.heikkitaipalusky.fi/pdf/SteyrIP.pdf
On the right under the silhouette pistol.

Toz
psf32

Post by psf32 »

Picked up my LP10 E this weekend well it was meant to be shop stock but it did not make the shelf opps.

Very nice pistol and the trigger is very good.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

psf32 wrote:Picked up my LP10 E this weekend well it was meant to be shop stock but it did not make the shelf opps.

Very nice pistol and the trigger is very good.
I should add that Peter shot this pistol for the very first time in the competition he was competing in. He had already shot the important 2 rounds with his 'old' morini pistol so decided to try out the LP10e 'in anger'. In short it performed very well out of the box and I have no doubts that it will prove to be a very competent gun. I tried the trigger and it felt very nice - so much so that I'm seriously contemplating getting myself the LP50e to replace my LP5, and also having it as a back up to my old faithful LP10.

Rob.