Advice on Air Rifle Purchase--- FWB 300 or New Production

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

jackvance

Advice on Air Rifle Purchase--- FWB 300 or New Production

Post by jackvance »

I would appreciate any thoughts by forum members on which Air Rifle might suit my needs.

I want a precision air rifle to train for offhand high power shooting.

I am a bit on the fence over whether to get an older, high quality air rifle such as an FWB 300 or a new production such as a LG110, etc. I am, of course, into saving money--but most important is just getting a good air rifle and not having to switch again in the future.

I would like to scope the rifle as well as use iron sights.

Please let me know your thoughts and if you have any experience with the FWB 300 or any other brand, I would appreciate it.

Thank you!
Josed

FWB 300or new production

Post by Josed »

Hi:

Have you looked into the CMP's air rifles sales. Their Anschuts rifles
will probably work well for you.
talladega

Post by talladega »

I've been borrowing a Steyr LG100 (pretty much same as LG110) and I absolutely love it. I wish I wouldnt have it give it back. So I would recommend the Steyr LG110.
n4jee

Post by n4jee »

FWB 300 rifles are wonderful but I don't think they or the newer match rifles would fit your stated purpose. The triggers on these match rifles are measured in ounces. People talk about feeling the first stage or creep in a match trigger. They have more sensitive fingers then I. If I touch the trigger the gun goes off. That would not be good for practicing letting off a center fire rifle without disturbing the sight picture. There are much less expensive guns that will shoot near one hole groups at 10M that have a trigger more like your high power rifle. Consider something like a Crossman 160 or the Chinese knock off.

Now if you are interested in 10M competition, by all means get a match gun. The FWB 300 will serve you well till you get to the international level of competition.
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

Are you shooting an AR-15? you might consider this
http://pilkguns.com/menu_ar15.shtml

we will be shipping a batch this week.
Senator Vitaman

Post by Senator Vitaman »

What type of highpower are you shooting? Service rifle?

Both pilkguns and creedmoor have AR-15 air rifles. I don't know how the 2 compare quality-wise. I think the creedmoor is mainly a stock for an anschutz 8002 and the pilkguns adapts to your AR, so which one is cheaper depends on which one you already have. (I'm guessing you already have an AR) If you have neither I don't know which one's cheaper. You could also try a daisy sporter if you really need to practice with a heavy trigger. The first time I shot my 887 I thought the safety was on.