Walther LG300 Problem

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

n4jee

Walther LG300 Problem

Post by n4jee »

I just bought this from an ad in the classified section. I filled the cylinder to 300 bar and took it outside to sight it in. I got off a couple of shots then nothing. The sound when pulling the trigger is louder than when on the practice mode, but no air is metered.

I emailed the person I bought it from and he said he had it happen to him once. He said he bled the air out of the cylinder, refilled it and all was well. I bled the cylinder down to about 220 bar and reinstalled it. The gun fired normally and I thought all was well. (except the AD from the pellet that was left in the chamber which I fired into the carpet in my office)

I took the gun out today to try sighting it in again. Same problem. I got one shot off, a second that hit 4-5 inches low, then nothing. I bled the cylinder to zero and refilled it to 200 bar. I got one shot that sounded normal, one at reduced noise, and one slight puff and click.

I have an LP300 pistol and have not had any trouble with it. Is this something I'm doing? Do I need it rebuilt? This is the most money I've ever spent on a gun and I'm not a real happy camper. If I have to have it worked on professionally, does Scott work on Walther? Or do I have to send it elsewhere?

Gene Jenkins
n4jee@arrl.net
Keystone Heights Florida
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

It deffinately sounds like a serious fault to me, and one that needs looking at by a qualified gunsmith. It could just need a good clean, but I wouldn't have a clue how to do that or which bits to clean.

Rob.
BerryK

Post by BerryK »

Check the pressure reducer, it's a common problem with Walther. Have it replaced and problem should be solved.
n4jee

Post by n4jee »

I sent it to Champion's Choice. They replaced the "Transformator." What ever that is, it cost $225. They tuned it all up and test fired it. Sent me a target with a .190 hole in it from 5 shots at 10M. The gentleman that I bought the gun from paid for the repairs. All it cost me was the shipping.
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

As BerryK said, this is a common problem with the Walther 300 regulators, pistol or rifle, and yes we do service Walthers.
-=ed

Post by -=ed »

pilkguns wrote:As BerryK said, this is a common problem with the Walther 300 regulators, pistol or rifle, and yes we do service Walthers.
Can we order Walther parts from you?
n4jee

Post by n4jee »

Wish I'd known that Pilkguns did Walther. Is regulator the common term for "Transformator?"

Gene
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

ed, in general we don't like to sell retail parts, but will on certain occasions. Is that an exact enought answer? LOL

Gene, yes