LP10 with new look

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ken4all

LP10 with new look

Post by ken4all »

I always need to change something to my pistols ;-)

Image Image
Oz

Post by Oz »

Nice! I enjoy customizing as well. I laminated up my own blocks of wood for Rink Formgriffe, then went through the process of getting a custom fit grip --milled from the laminated wood blocks I supplied. It turned out to be what is the most expensive grip on the face of the Earth... but it feels great and looks different.

ImageImage

The images are a bit washed out... the black is a really nice dark black. My only other thought is that you have to be able to back up your customized pistol with scores ;-)
joe1347

Post by joe1347 »

The blue strip on the barrel shroud looks great.
Thinkqob

Post by Thinkqob »

change what change where?
you 'd better let it be,don't do anything make it harder than it has to be.
http://archerfish.org/
loud223

Post by loud223 »

Oz,
How do you go about getting a Rink custom fit? I went to thier website and see no option for that.
Thanks
Lou
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

He works by CAD/CNC. You can send him any grip you want, and he digitizes the thing and copies it to another block of wood. He can even change angles, or mirror the whole grip, or make adjustments to bring a grip from Pistol A to Pistol B (got my MG grip to the Steyr this way).
Oz

Post by Oz »

loud223 wrote:Oz,
How do you go about getting a Rink custom fit? I went to thier website and see no option for that.
Thanks
Lou
Yup... Like Tyco said. Email them. Thomas (Rink) is a solid communicator. My Deutsch is awful, his English very good.

A bit of a thread hijack... so sorry ken4all!

After doing the measurements for a 'standard grip' and taking a few pictures, Thomas sent the grip believed to be closest to my hand along with a 2-part rubbery dental product. It's used in the mouth and fine for direct contact with skin. From there I mixed it up, slathered in on the grip in areas that felt could use some finesse and let it set. I did this for a while until that grip fit like a glove.

From there I sent back that grip put it through a 3D laser contour scanner, then into a CNC mill. What came back is a perfect fit grip like nothing I've held before.
Oz

Re: LP10 with new look

Post by Oz »

ken4all wrote:I always need to change something to my pistols ;-)

Image Image
To get this thread back on topic... ken4all, is that a paint or did you actually anodize the aluminium parts?

I had a custom trigger pad made by my father and then anodized it myself. But what you have is much larger parts which look very professional. If it is anodized, that would be an expensive endeavor. If it's painted, still tough to do as a DIY project!

Do tell, how did you add that color?

Oz
ken4all

Post by ken4all »

In fact there is no anodizing or painting.

I just 'printed' the parts in plastic (ABS). The strips on the barrel slide in the grooves and I replaced the button on the lever. It's very easy to 'print' customized parts. I have a few other ideas for the future.

As for the Rink grip, I went to Rink and did the fitting with the dental paste with Thomas. (only a 3hr drive)