Steyr LP 50 questions

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
MikeB

Steyr LP 50 questions

Post by MikeB »

I have been shooting in Bullseye leagues and 2700 matches in Maryland for several years, and I'd like to try my hand at 10M air pistol mostly for the 10M winter league, but also have an air pistol for cheap bullseye practice. The Steyr LP 50 seems like it can fit the bill as my 1st air pistol, but I'm confused about the trigger options on Pilkguns web site (200-600 Gram or 4 pound trigger). Is the 4 pound trigger non adjustable for trigger weight? If it is adjustable, is that considered a good enough trigger to use for both the league and bullseye practice? Also, if it is recommended to have both triggeres how easy is it to switch between the two? I also have read a little here on the forum that Steyr is coming out with an electronic trigger. Will that trigger cover all weights up to Bullseye standards? BTW, 2 - 2.5 pounds max is good enough for me.

I'm in no hurry to buy, and I'm very open minded to any sugestions for other air pistols that could fit my needs. I plan to shoot the Bullseye pistol matches at camp perry this year and hopefully when I visit commercial row Pilkguns will have a large selection of pistols to look at.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I bought an LP50 with the heavy trigger to practice for bullseye. I have the trigger set to 2 pounds to match my Pardini SP. I don't shoot air pistol much competitively these days, but my impression is that I shoot as well or better with the heavy trigger in practice. The one informal match I fired in, I found the heavier trigger gave me more trouble with "chicken finger" than I recall ever having with the light trigger, but that's me & not the pistol.

The heavy trigger is adjustable. It doesn't have quite as many degrees of freedom as a Pardini SP, so I can't get them quite the same. I also need to make some special weights, because I can't get the weight & balance quite the same either. Swapping the triggers may not be too tricky, but it will require removing the pistol from the grip, so it's going to be a bit of a pain in the neck.