Morini CM84E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Isabel1130

Morini CM84E

Post by Isabel1130 »

Ok Dumb question. I got a very nice Morini CM84E yesterday and no where in the instructions or the tools that came with it (the gun is new) can I find any reference as to what tool I need to adjust the grip. I see what looks like two very small hex nuts counter sunk into the adjustable part of the grip but none of the tools that came with the gun seem to fit the nuts in the grip. The instruction book has a detailed breakdown of all the metal parts but not one word about the grip. The grip fits like a glove when my hands are cool and dry although the trigger needs to be moved a little, but when my hands are warm and a little swollen the grip needs about another quarter inch of play to be even marginally comfortable. It looks like I can get that adjustment easily but I am really wary of stripping the head of the screw. I have so dang many hex wrenches at home that I have in the past picked up one a little small and stripped the head on some nuts and I don't want to do this again. Isabel.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I don't know the CM84E in detail but I do know that Morini frequently use the splined type screw head known, in the UK at least, as "Torx".

They normally include suitable keys with the gun.

Post by Guest »

While I don't know if Morini uses Allen or Torx head screws I suggest making sure your tool is Metric or else you may risk damaging those bolts.

I hope this helps.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Morini usually uses 3mm allen screws. You're probably looking in the right place there.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

I agree that the tool is most definitely metric. I just don't know why none of the metric tools that came with the gun seem to fit the grip screws. I will let my gunsmith take a crack at it this afternoon. He shoots some free pistol (rather well actually) and that is what he gets paid the big bucks for :-) Isabel
Tom A.

Post by Tom A. »

Mine (approx. 2 years old) uses one of the supplied allen wrenches for adjustment.

Tom A.
paw080

...Mee Two...

Post by paw080 »

Tom A. wrote:Mine (approx. 2 years old) uses one of the supplied allen wrenches for adjustment.

Tom A.
Hi Isabel, I also use an allen wrench that is provided in the tool bag.

Tony G
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

The 3mm allen wrench is the correct answer for adjusting the grip. Don't know why mine didn't come with one but it is fixed now. The trigger also needed to be moved a bit further back, angled and shortened. Does anyone here add weight to theirs? I thought there was a bit more kick than I get with my standard pistols and wondered if and how much weight you guys added or if the muzzle flip bothers anyone. Isabel.
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

I put a compensator on mine and the flip was markedly reduced....