Trying to make a decision

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
mileaway

Post by mileaway »

Hi everybody, I have a question and would really appreciate some help. I am a bull's eye shooter can not get to the range as much as I would like. My idea is to shoot indoors. And now for the air pistol. I do not know anything about air pistols. But I do know what I want. I do not want a single shot. I have been looking on the web. And this is what I came up with. Steyr LP-50. B course of a five shot. Twinmaster Trainer Combat . not knowing anything about air pistols. I hope I'm in the ballpark. If there is something else. Please tell me. I would like a trigger that I can adjust. And I do not want a single shot. I want to practice time and rapid. Help. thank you
Matt-n-shilp

Multi-shot air pistol

Post by Matt-n-shilp »

If looking for new, then the only other option is the TwinMaster Top.

All other multi-shots are discontinued. If you can find a used one, there are a few older models.

I started a threas just like this 2 weeks ago and that's what I got...

I just bought a TwinMaster Top and I'm having some growing pains with it. But I think they are my fault due to ignorance... Will see.

For the money, the TwinMaster is an amazing deal!

-Matt
David Levene

Re: Multi-shot air pistol

Post by David Levene »

Matt-n-shilp wrote:If looking for new, then the only other option is the TwinMaster Top.
Remember though that, according to the manual, unless you are prepared to manually cock the Twinmaster Top you will have a double action trigger pull of around 1800g. If you do manually cock it for each shot then the single action trigger pull is around 500g.

The LP50 is a semi-automatic so you have a trigger pull of around 500g for every shot. When the trigger weight for ISSF Centre Fire was 1360g they made a replacement trigger unit for the LP50 to suit that weight. Now that the CF trigger weight has been reduced to 1000g I dont know whether they will still offer a heavier LP50 trigger or whether the standard one can be adjusted that far. Then of course there's the new electronic trigger; no idea on adjustment limits on that one either yet.
matt-n-shilp

repeater

Post by matt-n-shilp »

Here is the original thread:
http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php ... &highlight

I forgot to mention the FWB - but it's SO expensive!

There is no doubt that the Steyr is in a different class from the TwinMaster stuff. But it's WAY more expensive.

I guess you just need to decide if the TwinMaster Trainer reproduces enough of the experience to work for you. I would imagine the Trainer has a more comparable balance and weight to your Bulls-eye pistol though... Don't know about the trigger pull in comparison. I cock my Top (no comments please) for every shot, so double action isn't an issue.

Take a look at the trigger pull #'s for your bulls-eye pistols (signel and double action) and see which pistol compares more favorably to what you have.

I would guess it all comes down to finding a pellet pistol that most closely reproduces your real shooter since your just using it for training purposes. For competition, go for the Steyr - no question.

I love my Top but it's no Steyr, Benelli, Morini or Pardini.

-Matt
Misny

Post by Misny »

If you want to have an air pistol to help you train for bullseye shooting, then our host offers a 1911 style grip that fits the Steyr. You can find it here: http://www.pilkguns.com/pistolaccessories.shtml The Steyr trigger can be set pretty heavy to simulate a centerfire pistol, as well.
melchloboo

Post by melchloboo »

Get the LP50 and don't look back.

I came in to air with your attitude, a BE refugee looking for a "training" supplement because range time/ammo/whatever was scarce. But wait a minute, why not then compete in a sport you actually have time/resources for? I can shoot 10m air every day, so that begs the question, why consider BE my main discipline? So once I made that decision my equipment decisions were much easier. An AP is not much more $ than high end BE gun, and pellets are dirt cheap in comparison to CF and even .22 ammo. All I'm saying, is ask whether you really love BE, or if its just pure shooting you love.

But that said, I am not of the opinion that you have to have a 1911 grip or trigger weight to make the AP training worthwhile. My outdoor scores have steadily improved with no outdoor practice, only practice on my LP50, as I now consider air my main discipline.
matt-n-shilp

check out...

Post by matt-n-shilp »

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=22001

the used/for sale area can be a good resource...

-Matt
mileaway

Post by mileaway »

I would like to thank everybody for all the information you gave me I think I have decided to go with a LP50. So thanks everybody. Last question. And a recommendation of where to buy . It is quite pricey. So is there some place that the people of very helpful. And the price is good. Thank you

Post by Guest »

click here

http://www.pilkguns.com/worldclassap.shtml

then scroll down
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

The reasons you want to buy the LP-50 from Pilkington. I could not find the heavier trigger as an option at other places. They have the 1911 grip for it and also they are the only ones I know of that have the LP50 with the slot machined into the top that allows you to easily mount a red dot scope on the thing. I am really looking forward to getting mine because I think it is going to become my main training tool for bullseye and yes, I just love to shoot, does not matter what discipline. The LP10 I have has already helped my slow fire scores immensely and I expect the LP50 to do the same for my sustained fire. I now shoot at home 90 percent of the time and only go to the range and do live fire with the bigger guns about once a week. The air pistols have saved me a lot of travel time and gas money. Isabel.