stupid NEWBIE question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Mattnshilp

stupid NEWBIE question

Post by Mattnshilp »

Hi all,

Ok. I finallly got my TwinMaster Top today and pumped the cylinder right up to 200 bar. I screwed it back onto the pistol and pppppsssssssttttttt.

As I got 7/8 of the way on, the entire canister released as it hit the pin but had not yet made the complete seal. I lost the entire fill.

2 or 3 efforts, and an aching back, later I finally got it on with a quick pst and only lost about 30 bar. I overfilled the tank to 230 so it dropped to 200 bar.

Then, with the pistol at 200 bar the pellets kept getting stuck in the pipe. I unscrewed the canister a little to let some air out and it shot fine at around 125-150 bar without any pipe jams...

So, what am I doing wrong... twice?

Is there a trick to getting the canister on so I don't loose air. Or is that just something I need to get used to and intentionally overfill each time?

And what's up with the pipe jams??? Should I be aiming at 150bar and not 200 as my usable fill?

thanks. And sorry for the dumb questions.

-Matt
K60 in Aus

Post by K60 in Aus »

Dont know much about the Rohm but you have to have the loading port open on my Pardini K60 when you screw on a cylinder otherwise PSSSSssssttt so maybe give that a try?
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

There must be a defective seal somewhere. I have a Twinmaster Match and I have never had any of the problems you describe.
matt-n-shilp

Post by matt-n-shilp »

I spoke with the guys at AirGUnsOfArizona today and am sending it back. They think that there might be a regulator issue.

I just got the damn thing so I'm bummed to have to send it back. But at least it will get fixed...

As a plug, I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with the guys at Air Guns of Arizona. They are helpful, professional, honest and have some awesome inventory!

The TwinMaster Top was my third big purchase from them (FX Cyclone and DayState AirWolf) and they have been great all along. Also picked up tons of accessories along the way (pump, valves, pellets, scopes, etc.) and all has been great.

Thanks for your help. I'll let you know what happens.

-Matt
Matt-n-shilp

Match grip question?

Post by Matt-n-shilp »

Carsten,

How do you like your grip on the Match? Apparantly, the guys at Rohm said that the Match grip will fit on the Top. I am tempted to try it out. The grip on the Top is OK, but it's not a Match grip.

No one else seams to make a grip for TwinMaster...

Thanks,

-Matt
John Hadjichristou

Post by John Hadjichristou »

I have the Top. It's been good, probably had 10000 rounds thru it. It was my first pistol 3 years ago. No relegated to firends who want to 'try'. that way they don't get their hands on my LP 10. Sometimes my Top lets out air from the cyclinder if, when using the 8 shot magazine, I don't count and take 9 shots. Something like a firing pin must be stuck. I know nothing about the working of pistols so its a guess.
What is most disappointing is that it doesn't have a velocity adjustment screw. My chronos at around 380ft/sec. Not that bad, but slow enough to not make nice holes in some brand targets, and not knock down small faling metal targets I have made, plus slow enough o be able to see the pellet travel.
So if the twinmaster top or match owners on this forum have a secret solution to being able to adjust the velocity, please share it.
matt-n-shilp

Post by matt-n-shilp »

DUH!!!

I just went over everything with a fine tooth comb...

The "O" ring on the pistols regulator that inserts into the air canister was broken and missing 2mm of the ring. I new the seal had to be bad when I pulled it out this evening and it had no air. I put it away yesterday with 150 bar.

That explains the major air loss AND the jammed pellets (WAY low velocity).

So, now I need to know.... What is the trick to get a new "O" ring on. My fingers are killing me and I can't get it on...

help!

-Matt
Carsten

Re: Match grip question?

Post by Carsten »

Matt-n-shilp wrote:Carsten,

How do you like your grip on the Match? Apparantly, the guys at Rohm said that the Match grip will fit on the Top. I am tempted to try it out. The grip on the Top is OK, but it's not a Match grip.

No one else seams to make a grip for TwinMaster...

Thanks,

-Matt
The grip on the Match fit my hand really well and was one of the reasons that I chose the Match and not the Twinmaster Sport.
I haven’t tried any of the top names like Steyr or Morini so I can’t make any comparison but I have been quite happy with it so far.
matt-n-shilp

Post by matt-n-shilp »

Thanks Carsten, I'll look into it in a bit.

I got the new "O" ring on and it works perfectly now. No hiss or anything. No more pipe jams either.

Will play with this for a while.

Thanks guys!

-Matt
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

Glad your quandary is over---it can be frustrating & disappointing especially with a new gun. "Doc"
2650 Plus

Stupid questions

Post by 2650 Plus »

I be;ieve you may have found that there are no stupid questions altho occasionally there may be a stupid answer. I've been guilty of this sometime in the past but I dont remember when. Good Shooting with your rhom, Bill Horton