Scatt and Rika target systems

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
coffeyhj

Post by coffeyhj »

What is the difference between the Scatt and the Rika systems? They both seem to cost about the same. Does either work on an Apple? Also, surprised in the age of Nintendo Wii that there is not a lower grade, more affordable system that I can adopt to air pistol.

Lack a 30 foot stretch in the house and rather than move are hoping to set up something that will allow me to actually shoot targets in the studio.

Do you know of anyone in the Nashville area who has either system? Assume I can use the Rika system for air pistol, regular 0.22, and free pistol practice. Thanks

Post by Guest »

I figure there must be a rather wide margin of benefit with all those electronic trainers... pretty much like anything else shooting related. If laws already didn't make things difficult for us then they want to squeeze every dime out of their customers...
Not Guest

Post by Not Guest »

Guest obviously knows all the answers especially about running a business, so you should ask him.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Do a search on here as the questions been asked many times before. They are however training systems and not simply 'target' systems. Both work in a slightly different way, but pretty much provide the same functions.

Rob.
Patrick Haynes

Choose the SCATT

Post by Patrick Haynes »

RobStubbs wrote:Both work in a slightly different way, but pretty much provide the same functions.
That being said, I don't know of any international calibre team that trains exclusively with the Rika, whereas, the SCATT is used by world class teams and individuals everywhere. I have both units, and the SCATT wins hands down for functionality and features. The price difference is neglible for what you get.

Patrick
RobStubbs

Re: Choose the SCATT

Post by RobStubbs »

Patrick Haynes wrote:
RobStubbs wrote:Both work in a slightly different way, but pretty much provide the same functions.
That being said, I don't know of any international calibre team that trains exclusively with the Rika, whereas, the SCATT is used by world class teams and individuals everywhere. I have both units, and the SCATT wins hands down for functionality and features. The price difference is neglible for what you get.

Patrick
I prefer, and work with, the scatt but I don't know if that's just familiarity with it and and only scant use of the rika. I do find the scatt remarkably easy to use and the results it generates are easy to follow, once you've been pointed in the right direction and the outputs have been explained.

Rob.
Patrick Haynes

Re: Choose the SCATT

Post by Patrick Haynes »

RobStubbs wrote:I prefer, and work with, the scatt but I don't know if that's just familiarity with it and and only scant use of the rika. I do find the scatt remarkably easy to use and the results it generates are easy to follow, once you've been pointed in the right direction and the outputs have been explained.

Rob.
Hi Rob.

Agreed. The SCATT's biggest downfall is that it's instructions aren't very instructive. The Rika wasn't much better.

I used the Rika for a year or two, then looked at the output from the SCATT and fell in love. (Yes, I have no life.) The best thing about the SCATT is the ability to compare different performances between different athletes, with solid numbers that are easily compared.

I once ran some tests on a group of juniors using the Rika, and then tried to compare their results. It was a nightmare. Now, doing the same thing with the SCATT, I dump the results to Excel and work from there. HUGE time-savings.

The team I coach was going to purchase Rikas, and I was able to steer them over to the SCATT. Once they receive them, they'll be sending me the results. Looking forward to seeing what they can do.

Patrick
david alaways

Apple

Post by david alaways »

Im not sure if I have all the right componets, But my new scatt isnt working with my apple. (to answer that part of your question) If I get it to work and manage to stop shooting I will inform you of my success. If it doesnt work its off to buy a new laptop.......David
RobStubbs

Re: Apple

Post by RobStubbs »

david alaways wrote:Im not sure if I have all the right componets, But my new scatt isnt working with my apple. (to answer that part of your question) If I get it to work and manage to stop shooting I will inform you of my success. If it doesnt work its off to buy a new laptop.......David
I think it will run on a mac but may need to run under a PC emulator (?). I just use an old laptop I got 2nd hand for mine and it does the job fine.

Agree with you Patrick about the lack of documentation with the scatt, it took me until I'd covered it in my coaching courses before I really got the hang of it.

Rob.