Allu stock for match 54 and mod 1907

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

tsokasn

Allu stock for match 54 and mod 1907

Post by tsokasn »

Hello everyone!
A friend of mine has got a Match 54 with wood stock and wants to upgrade it with an Anschutz allu stock.
Which one fits?
The same goes for a mod 1907.
Thank you!
tenpointnine

Stock

Post by tenpointnine »

Whilst the old 2213 stock will fit, the obvious choice is the new 1918 'Precise' stock.

Walter
Barney

Post by Barney »

Pay a little extra and get the G & E RS III stock with a round action adaptor.

It is a far better stock that either the old or new Anschutz stock.

I dont think you would regret it.

But thats my personal view
Jason

Post by Jason »

Barney wrote:Pay a little extra and get the G & E RS III stock with a round action adaptor.

It is a far better stock that either the old or new Anschutz stock.
Not to be argumentative, but have you shot all three?

I'd love to hear a side-by-side comparison because I'll be looking to buy an aluminum stock within a year or so myself.

Jason
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

I generally agree that the G&E stock is the best I have seen. The problem is that it isn't a little more it is about $1000 more now I think. I bought one for my son and it really is excellent. Based on the pictures the new anschutz stock looks like what I would go with. Never was impressed with the 2213 stock.
cmj

Post by cmj »

Hi all, the 2018 Precise stock (also available 1918) is a big improvment over the 2013 stock. Easier to adjust in position, more adjustment in the cheek piece and pistol grip. Cheek piece now more like the Walther, but much more adjustable. A little bit heavier, but should be more resistant to breaking. The kid really likes hers.
an1913t

Post by an1913t »

Anyone tried the Jeff Madison stock?

Shown here:

http://www.mwerksllc.com/tunerstock.php

Or has anyone tried the Ross stock?

Shown here:

http://www.rossprecision.com/products_stock.htm

I'd be interested to see if anyone has and how these compare to any of the others mentioned above.
Barney

Post by Barney »

My first Alu stock was an Alpha Nova made by Don Brook of Australia.
Apparently it was the first Alu stock made for a smallbore rifle in the late 80's early 90's, but dont hold me to that, its just what I have been told.
I shot this with an 1813 action very well for a number of years, then made the fatal mistake of upgrading to the first Anschutz Alu stock.
For two years I struggled to find any sort of adjustment that would work.
The back end yoke if you like, where the pistol grip attaches was too flimsy, vibrated and in the end snaped because its too thin and flexes.
I had it fixed, sold it on cheap and cut my lossess.
Went back to the old one and it was another world problem solved.

I havent shot the new Anschutz stock, but seeing one up close I must agree it is a lot better.

I have spoken to many people who use the G&E and the feed back is excellent. They have recoil dampeners in the fore end and in the action, you can offset the sling rail, it has an option of a hinged cheek piece so you dont have to move it to get the bolt out, you can use the same stock for your 300 meter rifle as most actions will drop into it.

I'm in the process of buying one, just dont know what action I want, 2013 or go all the way and get the Blieker.

I suppose in the end it comes down to personal prefference.
Ideally, try them all before you buy and see which one fits.
Mabye I'm baias towards the G&E due to my misforutunes with the Anschutz stock I had??????????

Post by Guest »

How much heavier are these alu stocks compared to a wood xx07 (standard rifle) stock? Is there a good choice for someone wanting a LIGHTER stock with full adjustability?
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

The ross stock is, in my oppion, not well suited to position shooting. Look at the butt plate. How would you ever change settings between positions and get back to your old settings?

A few things that I really like about the G&E stock. It has the capability of having a very short length of pull. I like my rifle in tight in standing and like this feature. Also, it is very light. I never compared but I think it is probably lighter then any wood stock. Additionally, Every adjustment on it that I can think of has a graduated scale associated with it so you can mark settings down and return to them at a later date. Still, at current prices I don't know that I would buy another.
tsokasn

Post by tsokasn »

All your opinions are very interesting!
A question:
what is a round action adaptor?
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

tsokasn wrote:All your opinions are very interesting!
A question:
what is a round action adaptor?
An adapter for fitting a round action, aka 18xx or 19xx series, into a square action aka 20xx series stock.