FWB 600 breach seal needed.

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

FWB 600 breach seal needed.

Post by Guest »

Hello all,

I recently purchased and FWB 600 and I need a little help. The breach seal is hard and brittle and needs replaced. It appears that one could use a common o-ring if you could find one the appropriate size. What I am wondering is would there be any harm in replacing the factory seal with an o-ring? If not where can I get a factory replacement seal? I would guess that Beeman carries them but was wondering what my other options might be.

I am new to the 10 meter rifle game and was also wondering where I could fine a good article on the fundamentals of this type of shooting. Things like proper sight picture, hold and stance for starters. I am an experienced shooter and have competed in bullseye and smallbore silhouette pistol matches in the past however with the exception of traditional black powder rifles competitive rifle shooting is a whole new ball game for me.

Thanks,
Darrell
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

A regular 'O' ring from say an auto shop may not be tough enough.
The FWB 'O' ring is made of a neoprene/nylon type material.
Get the genuine part from Beeman.

For information on shooting, you won't do any better than the MEC publications 'Ways Of The Rifle' and 'Air Rifle Shooting'. They both cover all your questions in depth and much more.

Peeps
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

There is a company that sells FWB seal kits on ebay. I resealed two of my P70's with their kits.

Post by Guest »

Thanks pdeal! I will give ebay a try.
bobby38555

Post by bobby38555 »

Send me a SASE and I'll send you a breech seal. I bought Pete Deals 600 acouple of years ago and replaced the breech seal with a neoprene o ring from lowes, same thing as the FWB except its black instead of blue. FWB O rings might be urathane.

The 600 is a tough little rifle and holds up real well .