MEC glasses VS Champion Olympic

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

oscaro

MEC glasses VS Champion Olympic

Post by oscaro »

Hi,

Has anyone had a chance to use/try the MEC and Champion shooting glasses. I shoot strictly prone.

Any recommendations?

Oscar
bruce

Re: MEC glasses VS Champion Olympic

Post by bruce »

I've used the MEC glasses for a bunch of years. A good compromise between light weight and rigidity.
robf

Post by robf »

use champion here, but got them 2nd hand. Given the choice again i'd go for one with a nose that i can offsett... champion do one, not sure if the mec is adjustable.
B.T.Carstensen

Post by B.T.Carstensen »

I love my champion but like robf said offset is the way to go. They have two that are like that and neal johnson has both one is expensive and the other is really expensive.
Shooting Kiwi

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

I don't have personal experience of either of these brands, so this opinion is theoretical...

Ideally, the corrective lens should sit as close to your eye as possible, and it goes without saying that its alignment should be such that you are looking down the optical axis (line of sight at right angles to plane of lens). From the published information, it looks to me that the MEC allows better lens positioning. But I guess, since good results have been obtained with all brands, it comes down to which feels best when you try them. So the message is try, then buy.