Preferred Grip Texture

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

I prefer my grip texture:

Smooth
17%
Stippled
66%
Gritty Media
17%
Other/Hybrid
No votes

Total votes: 35

Oz

Preferred Grip Texture

Post by Oz »

There are many old posts on how to stipple and/or create a sandpaper grip finish. Relatively few talk about using a smooth finish. Is this a perception or reality? Let's find out!
Isabel1130(as guest)

Post by Isabel1130(as guest) »

I have no prefference because I live in a dry climate and my hands tend to sweat very little so there is no difference. When I am out at Camp Perry or other points where humidity is a factor, stippling really helps. Isabel.
Oz

Post by Oz »

Wow! The gritty media is not getting much love!
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Oz wrote:Wow! The gritty media is not getting much love!
It's the way you worded the question. I have used gritty media on parts of my grips, but not the whole grip.
Chris

Post by Chris »

I would have picked Gripy media and smooth if I could have. AP- I made my own with epoxy and sand. Did not want to try and stipple the bondo. On the FP smooth seems to work best since the grip holds my hand and it makes it easier to remove my hand after shooting
Tolkach

Which Grips?

Post by Tolkach »

The next question should be how many people prefer the grip because it's what came with the pistol? I'll bet the majority have not ventured into something different.
Oz

Re: Which Grips?

Post by Oz »

Tolkach wrote:The next question should be how many people prefer the grip because it's what came with the pistol? I'll bet the majority have not ventured into something different.
Whew... that's a GREAT point. Probably worthy of it's own poll.