LP2 fixed rear sight opening: a disavantage?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Emilio Mendoza

LP2 fixed rear sight opening: a disavantage?

Post by Emilio Mendoza »

I am considering to buy a new air pistol for me. After a lot of reading in this forum, my decision is between two pistols:
Morini 162 MI
Stery LP2

The LP10 is to expensive for me in this moment. I don´t like the electronic tigger in the Morini and can be a problem in my field (a lot of dust, and humidity); and the Mechanical Morini is in my budget.

I have a question: The LP2 have a fixed rear sight opening ( only two options: 4 and 3.5 mm), Is this s real disavantage in the LP2?, or this two options are Ok?

If you have another opinion between LP2 and 162MI, I will glad to read from you.

Thanks in advance and Sorry my English.

Emilio Mendoza
Rover

Post by Rover »

LP2 options are fine.

Estoy aqui para la cerveza gratis!
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

Pardini K10.
IMHO best trigger among mechanical ones.
Holes on top of the barrel give a very very nice feeling, no muzzle flip, as Steyr lp10.
IMHO very nice rear blade, nice balanced.
If you can try it, i think you can be quite surprised.

Best regards,
LukeP.
emilio

Post by emilio »

Thanks,

Do you have more comments about LP2 and the mechanical Morini?.

I don´t know why some decision are so difficult, but I think that this is another good things of our passion: the options we have in this.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

I own a steyr lp10.
I give several chance to try Pardini K2, Morini MI/EI.
For my taste, i like a lot pardini mechanical trigger and his balance, but is personal taste.
Comparing morini mechanical and electronic for my preference the electronic one is super, so i didn't see no reason to buy the MI versione (price apart).
I suggested you Pardini K10 because i can try it one time, seems to me nice balanced, nice trigger, nice reaction similar to steyr lp10, and i think it can be a bit less expensive that morini electronic.
I don't know steyr lp2.
Denis

Post by Denis »

If the fixed blade is the only problem, it can very easily be modified, or a new one made.
I wouldnt let it put you off if everything else was right.
jipe

Post by jipe »

emilio wrote:Thanks,

Do you have more comments about LP2 and the mechanical Morini?.

I don´t know why some decision are so difficult, but I think that this is another good things of our passion: the options we have in this.
I think that Morini MI and LP2 are more or less similar pistols. They are very good pistols, it is clear that they lack the last bit of their big brothers EI and LP10 but you cannot go wrong with those two.

The rear sight opening adjustement is nice to have but not really a must for AP. It shouldn't stop you to buy the LP2.

The pardini K10 is a very good top pistols in the category of the LP10 and EI. If its price is OK in your country, you definitely should consider it. The problem is that the prices are different in each country, so in some Pardini is cheaper than Steyr or Morini and in others it is very expensive (Germany for instance).
Veso

Steyr LP xx

Post by Veso »

There are in our club Morini, Steyr and Mach Guns. All of them are very good and equals air pistols.
There is a huge advantage in "NO RECOIL" system of Steyr. Unfortunately model LP2 is made without this system.
I mean that the pistol stay completely "dead" after the shot.

Advantage of Morini is electronic trigger.

The Mach Guns, MG1E we have, (Cesare Morini made ) has an amazing grip, and only 2microns ! release force travel.

In a mine opinion Steyr LP10 is the best choice.
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

Emilio
If you like the LP2, but neither notch size works for you, then just get a narrow notch and file it larger. Crude but it works.
emilio

Post by emilio »

Thanks again:
I can´t find the Pardini in my country, the options I have are: Steyr LP10, LP5, Morini 162 MI, Benelli Kite and Walther LP300XT.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I go with GaryN's opinion, but this is not crude....

For really quick and easy, buy a 3/16" file for sharpening chain saws. They are only a couple of dollars at a hardware store and have no taper.
They come in other sizes, but I like 3/16" best.

They will give a perfect "U" notch that many shooters like and because they are self-centering you would have to be really clumsy to screw up the job. You can touch up the notch with cold blue or just smoke.
Chris Bauer

Post by Chris Bauer »

If LP10 price is a major concern, buy from an European dealer. The European LP10 price is about the same as the U.S. LP2 price.