@

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Russ

@

Post by Russ »

@
Last edited by Russ on Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Ruslan, I didn't see the bending thing you were talking about in the video. I find it hard to believe people pay money to see such crappy movies.

I do understand what you mean when you speak of shooting with little effort. I have begun to experience that since I went to a rolling trigger and area aim.

If you choose to teach us more, I will be most grateful to listen. Thanks!
Ben
Niels Bohr

Post by Niels Bohr »

I thought that the bullet's trajectory was bending due to the anti-gravitational forces emanating from Angelina Jolie's lips.
Werner Heisenberg.

Post by Werner Heisenberg. »

Niels Bohr wrote:I thought that the bullet's trajectory was bending due to the anti-gravitational forces emanating from Angelina Jolie's lips.
No, no, it's just he didn't know where it was because he had just measured its velocity
superstring

Post by superstring »

Werner Heisenberg. wrote:
Niels Bohr wrote:I thought that the bullet's trajectory was bending due to the anti-gravitational forces emanating from Angelina Jolie's lips.
No, no, it's just he didn't know where it was because he had just measured its velocity
You guys crack me up! :)
Chris

Post by Chris »

How is this related to Olympic Pistol?

Good topic for Rec.Guns
superstring

Post by superstring »

Chris wrote:How is this related to Olympic Pistol?

Good topic for Rec.Guns
Quantum physics, my friend. Quantum physics.
Haleva

Post by Haleva »

I will only argue that shooters that score around 540 in AP will usually score 480 - 500 in FP. 520 in FP is usually scored by shooters that are in the level of 560 in AP. Although there are exceptions these numbers are good rule of thumb.
David M

Post by David M »

Ah..., yes, but in the southern hemisphere it bends the other way.......
Does this mean I have to stand on my head to shoot !!!!!
bryan

Post by bryan »

nah, just aim off more.
I got the aiming off sorted, just havent quite mastered bending it back yet.

russ, I liked the mouse in the box better. easy to loose the drive.

I think it is important to learn to bend the shot in when you are not steady enough in precission, or in timed events where the perfect alignment cant be made in the required time, so you need to push it in.

I think it is bad to train to do it, but accept it is ok if it happens, just hold better next time.

when your mind is right, it will work the shots towards the middle, rather than away.
if you are not steady, it is quite noticable from behind the shooter is working the shots in.
as is it is noticable if the shooter is steady and they are pushing the shots outside their hold pattern when their mind is not right.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Werner Heisenberg. wrote:
there seems to be a degree of uncertainty in your statement

Spencer
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Hey, has anyone seen the cat?
superstring

Post by superstring »

Steve Swartz wrote:Hey, has anyone seen the cat?
Yep, he's asleep on his favourite chair as we speak. Very alive too! :)

Post by Guest »

Just to make this thread whole

David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Anonymous wrote:Just to make this thread whole
At last, I now understand (for the first time) what this thread is all about.

It's Schroedinger's Cat
2650 Plus

Post Subject

Post by 2650 Plus »

As a general rule, I have never payed much attention to the people I could consistantly out shoot. Russ , you are a different cat. Best wishes on all your shooting endevors including coaching. Good Shooting and Coaching Bill Horton
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

So I'm working with some talented juniors; bright kids (as you will see) and "full of fun."

We're at this match, and chit-chatting prior to prep period. The fine young adults (sorry, I called them "kids" earlier- THEY DON'T LIKE THAT!) range in ages from 14ish-19ish.

Of course the whole area aiming thing comes up as I am giving them their "focus on fundamentals" pep talk. So naturally the whole thought process of accepting your apparent hold etc. comes up . . . somehow I make some comment about *knowing* when you break the shot ("trust the process") that it is going to be a ten vs. *thinking* (trying to line up two sights a fuzzy blob) that you can make it a ten ("bending the shot?").

This 14 year old kid sez:

"Tryign to shoot a ten would be like trying to read a pop-up book on Schroedinger's cat."

PRICELESS!!!!!

I was still laughing when the match clock started . . .

(p.s. the kid was reading Hegel's "Phenomenology of Spirit" in a well-thumbed paperback to relax . . . I shoulda known!)
JJJJJJJJJJJJ

Bending grenade launcher

Post by JJJJJJJJJJJJ »

if that guy could shoot a grenade at Angi and have it bend then blow up, that would be cool.
Russ

@

Post by Russ »

@
Last edited by Russ on Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

or you forgot to take the lens cap off (again?)