Proceedure for shooting a semi-auto in a free pistol postal

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
John Kasaian

Proceedure for shooting a semi-auto in a free pistol postal

Post by John Kasaian »

I'm curious. From what I can understand of the rules, a cartridge has to be manually loaded for each shot----correct? Does it need to be cocked too? Or could the slide simply be manually released foreward to chamber the new cartridge rather than released after the shot, jacked back and then released foreward again?
kanedal

Post by kanedal »

The way it is being done here in Norway is as follows,
load one bullet in the chamber or magasine and release the sllide. Do this for every shot. The downside to using the magasine is that i have to take a new grip for each shot, My Pardini is not the easyest to load directly in the chamber.

Lars
Dogchaser

Post by Dogchaser »

With my S&W 41 I would load 5 or 6 magazines with one shot and fire, dump the mag and repeat.

My gun will drop the mags without changing my grip.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I have been to matches where they allowed the shooter to load a full magazine.

I have no problem with that since I see no advantage to the shooter. He is at a disadvantage anyway, using a "lesser" gun than a free pistol.

I would have no objection to the match director allowing this.
visitor

Post by visitor »

If you follow the ISSF 50 metre rules then you can't load the mag with 5 catridges - simple as that. If the comp is not following ISSF rules then it is what ever rules the competition controller has determines. I suggest you ask.