Pardini trigger position

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jabberwo

Pardini trigger position

Post by jabberwo »

Hi,

I have a Pardini SP that I think it's time to finally adjust the position of the trigger. I've got good size hands and fingers and I like to put the tip of my finger on the trigger. I'm pulling a bit left --- I think because the trigger is to far to the rear; it's hard to get a straight back pull.

I've never made any adjustments to the trigger and don't want to screw it up! I don't want to make any changes to the weights or length of stages or anything else covered by the very nice textual and graphical descriptions I've been able to find. Just want to move the location the trigger breaks .25" or so closer to the muzzle.

thanks,
jab
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

If all you want to do is move the trigger forward, it shouldn't affect any of the other adjustments. Things differ a bit depending on which exact model you have, but on an SP New the trigger shoe has a clamp that holds the shoe to a rod. You loosen the clamp and slide the shoe along the rod and then re-tighten the clamp. In the exploded diagram here:

http://www.pardini.it/manuali/sp%20meccanica.pdf

The screw is # 758-N4. The catch is that it doesn't really give a lot of adjustment range. I have moderately small hands, and mine is all the way forward. If the adjustment isn't enough, you have four options:

1) Add a trigger shoe on top of the existing trigger. I'm not sure how well any might fit, but they sell these for a variety of firearms.

2) Try rotating the rod the trigger mounts on so it goes forward. I have no idea if it will fit inside the trigger guard, and it will move the trigger forward a LOT.

3) Add a shim in the back of the grip pocket to move the entire grip to the rear. Because of the way the Pardini fits in the grip pocket, it will cause the pistol to move up slightly, and you can't move it very far before some woodworking will be required to add clearance for the sights and the grip bolt.

4) There is an after market trigger some folks have been using by Tec-hro. It doesn't look like it has any more forward adjustment than the factory trigger, and I'm not sure it will fit the Pardini. However, it looks like it would be easy to make a custom trigger shoe to fit it.

One other caution. with my trigger all the way forward, there isn't a ton of clearance inside the trigger guard. It's OK for me, but even if I could move the trigger further forward, at some point there won't be room inside the trigger guard. At that time, the only option will be to move the grip back.
tenex

Re: Pardini trigger position

Post by tenex »

jabberwo wrote:Hi,

I have a Pardini SP that I think it's time to finally adjust the position of the trigger. I've got good size hands and fingers and I like to put the tip of my finger on the trigger. I'm pulling a bit left --- I think because the trigger is to far to the rear; it's hard to get a straight back pull.

I've never made any adjustments to the trigger and don't want to screw it up! I don't want to make any changes to the weights or length of stages or anything else covered by the very nice textual and graphical descriptions I've been able to find. Just want to move the location the trigger breaks .25" or so closer to the muzzle.

thanks,
jab
Hi Jab,
I have long fingers, and used to use the tip of my finger on the trigger and always pushed my timed and rapid fire shots to the right (I'm left handed). I couldn't find the right fore/aft location.

I started sticking my finger all the way into the trigger guard, and catching the trigger at the first joint instead. This works a lot better for me because I really have to strain my finger to the outside to get just the tip on the trigger. I also needed to grind off the grip on the right side so my finger tip won't touch it, even with the trigger as far forward as possible (older SP with the one piece trigger, I think the new ones will go farther forward).

I'm not suggesting that you're finger's in the wrong place, I'm just throwing this out there because it worked pretty well for me (you may still need to move the trigger).

Steve.