recognize these cylinders?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
spacestout

recognize these cylinders?

Post by spacestout »

I have two cylinders and an adapter. I'm not sure what they fit. One has an Anschutz manometer, but my Anschutz and Steyr guns have "innies" for the valves. These have "outies".

Anyone recognize what they fit?

Writing:

No manometer

CH Sam Lugano SA 970916 Luft Air - Pmax 300bar 4350 Psi - Tara kg 0.1725 0.380lb - Netto kg 0.0275 0.060lb

With Anschutz manometer

CH - Sam Lugano SA - 0724 / 97 Luft / Air Pmax 300bar / 4350Psi Tara kg 0.1725 / 0.380lb / Netto kg 0.0275 / 0.060lb
Attachments
cylinder_end.JPG
cylinders.JPG
toznerd

Post by toznerd »

Anschutz M10, as Manufactured by SAM.

The cylinders SAM makes for it's own line omits the manometer. They will fit the SAM M10 and the K series. They can be rebuilt. SAM will not supply parts (liability/warranty concerns), but they can rebuild them. It will cost you about $90 round trip and repair for the first, add $30 each for others. I have rebuilt 4 of my own with excellent results. There is a common failure that is easily fixed, after you fabricate the failed part.

toznerd
spacestout

thanks

Post by spacestout »

I've had to educate myself on M10s and SAM. They look nice. Wish I had the pistol to go with the cylinders.

I'll have to see if I can pressurize them to see if they hold air.

You refer to a failure in them. Holding pressure? Or something while being shot?

I'll have to evaluate them and possibly put them for sale on the buy/sell/trade page as I don't have anything to use them on.
toznerd

Post by toznerd »

When the cylinders fail to hold compressed air, they usually fail at the valve, not at the 2 primary o-rings. Depending on how degraded the buffer is, the leak can range from minute (allowing you to use the cylinder by immediately placing it on the pistol) to great, and the cylinder empties within 15 seconds of removing it from the fill adapter.

If they are older and demonstrate the high flow failure, do NOT put them on a pistol. You will run the risk of injecting debris from the failed part in the cylinder into the pistol, which will, in turn, require a removal and cleaning of the regulator.

toznerd
Cricman

Post by Cricman »

Although still very usable, their resale value may suffer because of their age. Both will be 12 years old sometime this year; two years older than the "dreaded" 10 year rule! Browse this thread:

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php ... r+cylinder

Good Luck,

cricman
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Cricman wrote:Both will be 12 years old sometime this year; two years older than the "dreaded" 10 year rule!
Being based in Switzerland SAM probably won't be members of the JSM group who put out the joint 10 year warning.

Unless you are shooting in a country that has its own 10 year rule I believe that the ISSF rule relies on what the manufacturer says is a safe period. As an example, I don't believe that Morini have withdrawn their 20 year time period.

You will have to check what SAM say.

It's an interesting and confusing time.
spacestout

I did test them

Post by spacestout »

I pressurized the cylinders last night to what's in my scuba tank, some 165 Bar. Put them in water for 1/2 hour and saw no indication of leaks. Let them sit overnight dry. Plunged them again and saw no bubbles. Manometer on the one which has it still showed the same position of night before. I put the adapter on and slowly let the air out (but not all of it).

So, they don't appear to leak and they let their pressure out when screwed in to the adapter.

As far as I can tell without actually connecting to a pistol, they hold pressure and work.

Thanks everyone for your expertise.