Grip sizes of FWB, Morini and Steyr

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Hon

Grip sizes of FWB, Morini and Steyr

Post by Hon »

Dear all,

I would like to ask those who have shot the following APs to comment on the relative grip sizes:

FWB P44
Morini CM162 EI/MI
Steyr LP10

In my home town most people shoot LP10 with only one CM162EI. No one owns a P44 so I can't get one to try. I found medium grip size on LP10 and CM162 fits me well. So if I am going to buy a FWB P44, should I get a small grip? Most comments I found in this forum tend to indicate a relatively larger grip size on P44.

Thanks.
jipe

Post by jipe »

Steyr and Morini have indeed more or less the same size (or had: it was valid for the Morini grips used by Steyr, since a short time, Steyr doesn't have Morini grips anymore on their pistols, I don't know the size of these new grips).

FWB grips seems indeed sizing bigger. But, also the shape is different and in fact the grip is not the strongest point of the P44 (nor of any previous FWB). If I was you, I would try to buy the P44 without grip and put either a Morini (you have tried it and it seems to fit for your hand) either a Rink (these one size slightly smaller than the Morini and Steyr).
Mike McDaniel

Post by Mike McDaniel »

I've got one of each. All have Morini grips. Size Medium.

And they are completely different.

The CM162 grip is rather thick. OK if you have long fingers, not so good if your fingers are short.

The Steyr grip is less bulky. Fits my hand quite well.

The FWB grip is smaller still, particularly side-to-side. I wound up with a Large grip on mine. I also found myself having to crank the grip over about 5 degrees to the right to get it to point properly.

If I were getting a P44, I would either use a Large grip, or go ahead and buy an aftermarket grip. What has me perplexed is that grips should be like shoes - once you find a shoemaker selling a shoe that fits, you can order from the catalog. I admit that I like Nill grips...they fit my hand perfectly. Morinis less so. Rink grips are OK, but just don't fit like a Nill. Your fit will probably be different.
Jack Milchanowski

Post by Jack Milchanowski »

I purchased my Morini 162MI in late August. At that time I found out that the grips in medium and large for the electric trigger model and the mechanical trigger model fit differently.

What I mean is: A medium grip for the EI is not the same size as a medium grip for the MI pistol. The medium for the electric trigger pistol is larger than the medium grip for the mechanical trigger pistol. I purchased my mechanical trigger pistol with a large size grip.

Come see us in the woods.
Jack

The FWB grips are overly large...

Post by 556 »

My LP10 wears a "medium" grip, that fits my average hand size.

The medium grips that came with my FWB 44 was very, very large, more like a "large".
It hade to be returned for a "small" FWB grip, which is more like a "medium+".
Rover

Post by Rover »

What difference does it make. It's not going to fit you anyway.

Get out the putty and Dremel tool and do your thing!
Left_of_Center

Grips

Post by Left_of_Center »

I just bought a new (slightly used) FWB P44 with large grips and I'll attest that the grips are a little large. My hand measures 95 mm from the base joint of my index finger to the base of my pinkie -- kind of on the cusp between medium and large. The challenge with the FWB P44 grip is that the hand rest extends back to my wrist and must be cut down to be legal (and comfortable). I will probably eventually order custom grips.