what to do in finals of 10m air rifle match.

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

himanshu

what to do in finals of 10m air rifle match.

Post by himanshu »

what to do to be calm and relaxed when you are in finals of 10meter air rifle. and what to do during 10m air rifle match to improve score and be relaxed.
is there any website or a blog which can help me .
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

Finals are a giant mental trap. You are forced out of your shooting rhythm, you are kept up to date on your competitor's scores, and so many people say finals are difficult. The second two of those are the easiest, I think, to get over. Wear ear plugs and mentally rehearse your shot plan while the shot scores are being called out.

The fact your shooting rhythm is altered is what bothers me most about finals as I'm a rather speedy shooter. The best way to get over it is to practice it. Should you be so bold, you could even shoot an entire 40 or 60 shots giving yourself 75sec for each shot and forcing yourself to wait for the time to expire each time.
TWP

Post by TWP »

Soupy44 wrote: The best way to get over it is to practice it.
We occasionally shoot finals or guts matches in our practices.
Padawan

Post by Padawan »

To get over the nerves you could also do some intensity drills. It depends a lot on what it is about finals that makes you nervous. If it is the lack of time then i would suggest you do a drill we call three shot finals, you run a normal final, but take three shots in every 75 second times frame. It helps you feel more comfortable with the timing. If it's the pressure that bothers you then I would recommend either three shot finals or any other intensity drill, first to five (a race to see who can shoot five tens first) shoot till a ten, tens in a row...most anything as long as it gets your adrenaline going like you were in a match.

Also, soupy44, is that you bill?

Tori